Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rays09

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
hello guys. i have desktop pc and new iPad with iphone 4s. but i think keep iphone 4s and new iPad it's really wasted money. cause i feel it's totally same experience the different only in screen. iam kinda boring with this stuff (new iPad) so what do you think ?i have plan to replace it with new macbook air/new macbook pro 13"/15" ,what is the best for me? do you think? i have a high end stuff in desktop and IPS panel led. so iam not using my notebook to play game.
iam a college student..everyday i will using my notebook to do some editing photo and video, watching movie, browsing, and office work like exel,power point to study.. the last i never try os x before this is my first try to using mac os line up!.. thanks

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
hello guys. i have desktop pc and new iPad with iphone 4s. but i think keep iphone 4s and new iPad it's really wasted money. cause i feel it's totally same experience the different only in screen. iam kinda boring with this stuff (new iPad) so what do you think ?i have plan to replace it with new macbook air/new macbook pro 13"/15" ,what is the best for me? do you think? i have a high end stuff in desktop and IPS panel led. so iam not using my notebook to play game.
iam a college student..everyday i will using my notebook to do some editing photo and video, watching movie, browsing, and office work like exel,power point to study.. the last i never try os x before this is my first try to using mac os line up!.. thanks

I prefer taking my iPad to classes and meetings over either my Macbook or my iPhone. But if you find you aren't using your iPad, I suggest an 11 in Macbook Air. You can sell the iPad to help pay for the Mac. When closed, the MBA feels about the same as carrying an iPad but it's a full computer (with limited vertical resolution). It should do fine for all the tasks you mentioned above.

Another option to consider is the 13 in Macbook Pro. It is larger and heavier but has more ports and a larger screen.

BTW, don't worry about "learning" OS X. There's a few things to adjust to (after Windows) but overall OSX is a very well designed OS that is easy and efficient to use.

Last edited:

rays09

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I prefer taking my iPad to classes and meetings over either my Macbook or my iPhone. But if you find you aren't using your iPad, I suggest an 11 in Macbook Air. You can sell the iPad to help pay for the Mac. When closed, the MBA feels about the same as carrying an iPad but it's a full computer (with limited vertical resolution). It should do fine for all the tasks you mentioned above.

Another option to consider is the 13 in Macbook Pro. It is larger and heavier but has more ports and a larger screen.

BTW, don't worry about "learning" OS X. There's a few things to adjust to (after Windows) but overall OSX is a very well designed OS that is easy and efficient to use.

yeah i want to sell my ipad first, i know the ipad is very very good stuff for studying, persentation, browsing but like what i said ,i think it's not productive using two ios (new ipad and iphone)
btw is the Macbook air hardware enough to randering photoshop , and video editing software?? iam doubt because it's using i5 on proc and less RAM than macbook pro.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
yeah i want to sell my ipad first, i know the ipad is very very good stuff for studying, persentation, browsing but like what i said ,i think it's not productive using two ios (new ipad and iphone)
btw is the Macbook air hardware enough to randering photoshop , and video editing software?? iam doubt because it's using i5 on proc and less RAM than macbook pro.

If you want to do video editing, I recommend a MBP, partly because of its upgradable RAM and HDD. For everything else, the Air is more than adequate.

rays09

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
If you want to do video editing, I recommend a MBP, partly because of its upgradable RAM and HDD. For everything else, the Air is more than adequate.

Yeah I would suggest selling the iPad and replace with the new MPA or maybe the 13" MBP.

Thanks for response guys ! Hmm.. Okay i think i gonna get a 13" 750gb macbook pro. But when i read the spec again the 13" macbook pro only use 2 core i7 instead the 15" use 4 core how big the impact for processing some video ?

derrranged

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2012

Sell the iPad, get 13" MBA, get One to One to teach you how to use it, get Pages, Numbers, Keynote instead of MS Office, way cheaper and cloud enabled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.