Help me decide: Resistance: Fall of Man or COD 4? (PS3)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Zwhaler, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Hey everyone, I got my PS3 last weekend and am loving it. As some of you know, I already own Oblivion, and am now looking for some more games. I want either Resistance, or COD4. Pretty much all my friends with 360's say get COD4, but my friends with PS3's say get Resistance Fall of Man. I care more about Multiplayer than Campaign mode, and I love when a game has Campaign Co-Op. I heard Resistance has it, and then I hear it doesn't have it. I love good graphics, but I would rather sacrifice some graphical niceities for a better all around game. Can you guys help me decide :) Any input is appreciated.

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

CoD4. The multiplayer is so much fun and the ranking system + all the goodies you unlock help keep you pushing to up your rank and get more abilities.

RFoM is awesome too, the 40 person multiplayer is insane I just prefer CoD4. Can't really go too wrong with either :D

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Call of Duty 4. I have both Resistance and CoD and the latter has a much more fun and fleshed-out multiplayer component.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

RFoM is awesome SP/online but nothing compares to COD4 this year....it multiplayer is strong and very addictive(ranking up...perks)

COD does take a long time to get on sometimes but its worth it.

Both of them are great games but I would go with COD4 and resistance later.

Bless

5. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

6. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

It definitely has co-op campaign mode. That's the only way I've ever played it. :)

I haven't played Call of Duty 4, but from what I hear it has the superior multi-player mode so I would go for it if that's what you're looking for.

Resistance was a lot of fun, but I never played online so I don't know if it was weak or not.

Either way I think you'll be happy. If nothing else just go alphabetical! Get Call of Duty first and then Resistance later.

:)

7. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Can you get both of them?

Resistance has a great co-op and online play.

CoD 3 online is unmatched with its ranks and prestige mode. Its too bad you missed out on the double exp points weekend.

If you had to get one and you will be playing online, Call of Duty 4.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

CoD4 without any doubt. It's leagues ahead of Resistance.

9. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yeah I can probably get both of them, I would just have to spend more money :p I think I'll just get both of them, as both games sound very appealing to me. I'll probably run down to best buy today and grab COD4, and a 2nd controller. I'll get Resistance in a little while perhaps when it drops in price (its still 60 bucks for a year old game) Thanks for the quick replies!

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Can you not pick up Resistance pre-played at this stage for around $30?

11. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I'm not sure, I'll be sure to check that out.

So far, COD 4 is simply mind blowing! The graphics are too amazing to believe, and the free online play just puts icing on the cake. I'm about halfway through campaign, and it is by far the best COD campaign ever. I'm gonna pick up Resistance next week, and hopefully I can find it as cheap as 30$ as MRU said.

12. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

I think I seen resistance on sale for $50 at some stores.

CoD 4 will hold you down for a while, I did not start single player till 3 weeks after I got it. I been playing online all the time.

13. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Both are fun games, and have different stories / settings.

COD4 is more developed - but it's also more than a year newer than RFOM. (a PS3 launch title)

If you like sci-fi shooting, alien, futuristic weaponry - RFOM.

If you like Band of Brothers - but with a modern-day assortment - get COD4.

If you live in NH, I'll let you borrow either one.

But yeah, scoop em up used if you can, save some $$$.

14. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

If I was you I would wait it out with one controller(unless you do a lot of co-op play) until March when the DS3 is released. I only own 1 SIXAXIS...just waiting for that DS3.

You can't go wrong with either title man...although Resistance is one year old it still holds up and online is still full of people jamming.

Bless