Help me decide SS gold or Hermes

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mondayz, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Mondayz macrumors newbie

Can anyone post some pics of what the gold looks like vs some pics of the hermes watch with the navy and cream/orange ?

The videos I've seen online haven't shown too much as far as what these watches really look like.

Worried the gold will be difficult to match with bands but also vastly prefer gold over the stainless steel except the hermes watch faces alone would make it worth it.

2. Mondayz thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Avenger macrumors 6502a

I find leather bands don't last too long. So I wouldn't pour a ton of money into the watch for their $300+ leather band. The watch face is another matter.

4. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

I would have suggested the opposite. Any apple band will likely last longer than the watch itself. When you upgrade your AW in 1-3 years you can't take the watch face with you but you can use the band again.

5. abdulkar.im macrumors 68000

abdulkar.im

6. Avenger macrumors 6502a

A silicone band, I would agree. They are near indestructible. But leather bands like the Hermes ones get worn out.

7. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

True. Depends how often it's worn and whether you are good about taking care of your leather goods (washing and oiling etc.)

8. FFR Suspended

FFR

Faced the same issue.
    Decided to pick up a gold ss to match the gold iPhone max.

Thinking I might pick up a Hermès a little later in the year. The white an blue one does look unique with the matching face.

9. Brien macrumors 68030

Brien

Hermes if you aren’t upgrading yearly. Great bands.

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Apple actually reduce the price of the stainless steel link bracelet to $350 and the black stainless link bracelet to $450. As someone who owns both the regular and black stainless link, it’s the most unique band that I have ever owned for any watch, simply because of the removable links and how seamless the band is. 316L stainless steel is adequate, but holds well in durability.

11. Lennyvalentin macrumors 65816

Lennyvalentin

If you've got the money to throw around...

The hermes faces do look pretty wicked overall IMO, very clean and stylish, and the deployment buckle especially is quite appealing (to me.) The extra fluff you get with the hermes is also nice, the orange box and the extra armband, the additional engraving on the case (and even on the steel pin of the armband) and so on. Still, out of my price range sadly.

One day maybe. *shrug*

12. abdulkar.im macrumors 68000

abdulkar.im

Indeed! I had the link bracelet on my Series 0 and LOVED it! Couldn't justify the price after that though, but tempted again now.