Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkwolf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Speck Candyshell
Otterbox Symmetry
Incipio DualPro

which one provides the best protection for drops and front lip?

stcizzle

macrumors regular
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
Assuming u mean the candyshell not in the grip version, I'd definitely recommend the incipio DualPro but not the shine, the edge version. This one has some grip. But not too much and doesn't attract that much lint either. The symmetry is really nice but the back is slippery and adds no grip. The candyshell will scratch even before you put it on ur phone and is slippery as well. I'd definitely recommend the candyshell grip over all 3 that u listed with the DualPro edge second.

mhdena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2009
I wasn't going to reply, but since the Symmetry is on the list.

I have the apple leather case on an iphone 5 for 1 1/2 years, when I got my 6, I got an apple leather case and the Symmetry at the same time.

The Symmetry is the best case I've ever had, just enough rubber to protect the edges, slim enough to easily slide in & out of pockets. It is not slipper in hand.

I especially like that it covers the bottom edge and doesn't that ugly :apple: cutout on the back, which is nice for putting it face down on a table top, the rubber is grippy enough in these instances.

The leather case is still in its package.

Go Symmetry!

johnnilcru

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2014
I would also suggest to go for a leather case. I have not used the Symmetry case, but I am currently under the care of a Lucrin leather sleeve. Very sturdy and has a vintage feel to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.