Help me decide which mbp to get. Mbp virgin

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Evofreak23, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Evofreak23 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! Im an tired pc user and going to mac. Im on the market for my first macbook pro and did a lot of home work before getting one. A co-worker of mine is selling his 2009 macbook pro with 2.26 c2d and upgraded ram to 4gb and 500gb hard drive. That includes the 2 year applecare warranty. I saw the unit which is like brand new. Im leaning towards this because he will sell it to me on a good price.

Some friends of mine tells me just buy a new one since its my first one but the price im getting for the last year model is $400 cheaper which is a lot for me.

If you were in my shoes which one would you get?

2. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

It really depends on what you use it for (I know, worst response ever).
    Assuming you do web browsing, Skype, maybe some photo editing and iTunes action, it sounds like the 2009 MBP would be fine.

If the $400 difference between a new one and this used one really is huge for you, buy the used one. If it were me, I would wait a little longer, save my money and buy a newer i5 version of the MBP.

3. AppleCode macrumors regular

AppleCode

It depends what you would like to do with it, i5s and i7s are faster than a c2d, that being said my C2d serves me great for photoshop and everyday things.

4. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

if your gonna do anything intensive, get a 2010 with i5 or i7, they will outperform the c2d about 120%

5. Evofreak23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response guys! My macbook pro will just be used for email web browsing and occasional picture and video editting.

What else is difference between 2009 and 2010 model other than faster processor and graphics card? I dont really need a fastest yet because i believe this wont be my last macbook pro but if there is other feature that a must have on 2010 that didnt have on 2009 i think im not gonna think twice on grabbing the 2010 model.

6. Evofreak23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh yeah i forgot to mention that im
    Looking to buy an 13"model because i like the portability of it.

7. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

If what you plan on using it for remains the same over the next 2-3 years, then this should be good for you. IMO, 13 and 15s are about the same portability wise and I prefer the bigger screen. But that's my personal preference. Good luck and welcome to Macland!

8. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

the difference between the 2009 and 2010 MBP15 are FAR greater then between the MBP13's. Only the videocard has been upgraded and that is just useful if you game a lot on the system, otherwise there is no reason not to get the 2009 model, they both have the C2D cpu so no difference in resale value either.

I do believe the 2009 model was $100 cheaper then the current one though and you can get a new 2010 model for $999 if you look around, so that is cheaper then apple's online price.

9. Evofreak23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool i think im just gonna go ahead and buy the used one. For what i need for sure the 2009 model is more than enough.