Help me decide...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MultiMediaWill, Feb 24, 2011.

Which one should I get?

1. 15" high end model with high res display

7 vote(s)
  2. 17" model

2 vote(s)
  1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Aug 1, 2010
    I would like you to vote which of the 2 options i should get. Money not an issue in this poll.

15" high end model with Hi-Res display

17" model

This laptop is for college.
  2. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

Nov 3, 2007
    15 will be slightly more portable. My son has a 15 I think but carries his iPad everywhere, laptop stays in his dorm for the most part.
  3. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

Aug 1, 2010
  4. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2009
    I personally feel the 17" is monstrously large and more suitable as a desktop with occasional portable use. If you feel as though you will be moving the computer around a lot, or likely to be using it in bed or anywhere other than a desk, go for the 15". If you find you would like a higher resolution than available, you can always buy an external monitor.
  5. zcast macrumors newbie

Feb 24, 2011
    Its a pretty vague question really. What are you using it for? Gaming? CAD? Video? Design?

Based on your one tidbit of info "for college" then solely based on that, take a 15" MBP. It's more portable. My 17" does fit into a backpack though, but if you are carrying it on your back everyday with the power brick and other accessories, go for the 15".

6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

May 6, 2010
    New York
    17" lowers it's portability factor, which is what a laptop is for. I see no reason to get a 17", might as well buy an iMac, pay less, and get more power and 10 more inches of screen.