Help me decide...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MultiMediaWill, Feb 24, 2011.

?

Which one should I get?

1. 15" high end model with high res display

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. 17" model

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I would like you to vote which of the 2 options i should get. Money not an issue in this poll.

15" high end model with Hi-Res display

or

17" model

This laptop is for college.

2. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

15 will be slightly more portable. My son has a 15 I think but carries his iPad everywhere, laptop stays in his dorm for the most part.

3. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

4. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I personally feel the 17" is monstrously large and more suitable as a desktop with occasional portable use. If you feel as though you will be moving the computer around a lot, or likely to be using it in bed or anywhere other than a desk, go for the 15". If you find you would like a higher resolution than available, you can always buy an external monitor.

5. zcast macrumors newbie

Its a pretty vague question really. What are you using it for? Gaming? CAD? Video? Design?

Based on your one tidbit of info "for college" then solely based on that, take a 15" MBP. It's more portable. My 17" does fit into a backpack though, but if you are carrying it on your back everyday with the power brick and other accessories, go for the 15".

-Z

6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

17" lowers it's portability factor, which is what a laptop is for. I see no reason to get a 17", might as well buy an iMac, pay less, and get more power and 10 more inches of screen.