Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
So I plan on going to an Apple store in the morning in hopes of getting an black 16 or 32 gb wifi only ipad2. I have two store options in opposite directions from my house.

One is much larger and is made of glass and has entrances on both sides (I dont know how that works and if they have one area designated for lining up).

The other is a normal store in an outdoor mall, so i could line up right at the door when i get there.

I want to go to the "normal store" as I feel more people will want to go to the nice one. But at the same time, I think the larger location would get more overall ipads and more model choices than the other. I cant decide which one to go for?

I also fear, since it is a weekend, more people will be camping out. I work during the week and this will be my first attempt. What do you guys think?

GadgetAddict

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I don't think Apple sends shipments based on how nice the stores look. Go to the least crowned one.

Best case scenario, get a buddy and each goes to one store.

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
I don't think Apple sends shipments based on how nice the stores look. Go to the least crowned one.

Best case scenario, get a buddy and each goes to one store.

lol, i wasnt implying that the store will get more ipads because it is "nicer". I was simply trying to differentiate the two while talking about them. What I was actually trying to point out is the fact that one store is much larger and perhaps will receive more stock. I am not sure, that is why i was asking.

GadgetAddict

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
lol, i wasnt implying that the store will get more ipads because it is "nicer". I was simply trying to differentiate the two while talking about them. What I was actually trying to point out is the fact that one store is much larger and perhaps will receive more stock. I am not sure, that is why i was asking.

Well, it would make sense for the larger store to get more iPads. But Apple has been so secretive with the shipments it's anybody's guess..

Good luck with your quest!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.