Help me decide.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by madrich, May 21, 2014.

1. madrich macrumors regular

madrich

I have an iPod Touch 4th generation. If needs a new battery. In your opinion, it is better to pay Apple $79 for a battery replacement which would be replaced with a refurbished iPod, or would it be better to have a 3rd party vendor just replace the battery for $39.

Thanks for helping me decide what best to do.

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Based on no experience whatsoever I'd go with the apple option.

3. bmxracer macrumors member

bmxracer

4. madrich thread starter macrumors regular

madrich

Will Apple still replace my battery, if my iPod Touch is jail broken?

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

6. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Upgrade to a refurb Touch 5. I would not bother replacing the battery in the Touch 4.

7. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

No, you'll probably need to restore it back to normal ios

And apple doesn't really replace the battery, they send you a refurbished iPod touch with a new battery in it, new casing and new screen....

Whereas the third party vendor will just replace the battery.... (Will void apples policies)

8. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

Your welcome for the reply, I have a iPod touch 4 that has battery problems too. One thing that had helped my iPod touch for a while was a complete restore as new. I was skeptical as I didn't want to loose any data but I just saved my data to iCloud, uploaded my photos to DropBox and write down any info I might need such as settings.

This actually has helped my iPod touch quite a bit. I performed the restore 2 weekends ago and my iPod touch has since it has improved. I still think I'll eventually need to replace its battery and I've looked at third party vendors as you have but I've found the safest bet is probably apple although I'd hate to get a refurbished iPod touch since someone else has handled it and I'm kind of attached to my iPod touch 4 that I've had since its release nearly four years ago.

If you have any other questions just message me or reply to my post!!!

9. Meister Suspended

Meister

You could build your own battery with a cup, galvanized coins, some graphite and mercuric oxide and a sponge soaked in potassium hydroxide.
    Enjoy :)

10. adson3492 macrumors newbie

I have about 6 apps that are already on my iPT. I haven't updated or downloaded in a LONG LONG time, probably over a year.

I see a few new apps and wanted to add them to the device. I have them downloaded but they aren't going to the device and it seems to want me to delete everything and start over.

In iTunes, I look at my device and it doesn't show any of my current apps.

How do I get it to just add the new apps?

Do I have to do a backup, then add the new apps or will that even work?

11. o2breathe macrumors member

I think you should get the iPod 5g as well. The prices are good for the refurbished ones on the apple store website