Help me decide

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bthompson, Sep 17, 2016.

1. bthompson macrumors member

Hi everyone. Today I received a space gray and a space black apple watch series 2. I just couldn't decide so I ordered both. I really like both of them, but am having a hard time justifying the higher cost of the space black. I wanted the space black because I am concerned about the space gray getting a lot of scratches on the screen. That will drive me crazy. I also plan to keep this for a long time. Which one should I return?????

2. lionsy macrumors 6502

Ah, the quandaries of the rich :p

You purchased both of them, apparently justifying the higher cost of the space black isn't really an issue, stick with the one you want, you'll only regret returning it later.

3. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

You answered your own question. If one would drive you crazy - get the other because the sport will scratch.... eventually.

Money no issue? Space black SS all the way!

4. GlobeZ macrumors member

GlobeZ

I've been through exactly the same decision making process and chose the Space Grey version for the following reasons.
    • It's lighter on the wrist (I haven't worn a watch in years)
    • In 18-24 months time it will be replaced by a new model
    • With AppleCare + I can have two new replacements if it does get scratched / damaged
    • Depreciation is much less on the Aluminium models
    • The 'tech' aspect was more important than the 'fashion'
    Hope this helps :)

5. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

All excellent points, especially on SS depreciation, which surprised me. I figure they would depreciate the same.

Besides more scratch resistant looking, through sapphire crystal is more clear and crisper. Very noticeable. Otherwise it's mostly about looks. Certain bands were designed only to go with SS. You could get away with the SB Milanese or SB Link on Space Gray, but it's a bit off.

6. mallbritton macrumors 6502a

The one you like the least.

7. GlobeZ macrumors member

GlobeZ

Based on some research I did on sold prices, the depreciation is around 10% more for sport band stainless steel models (metal band models are even higher), however the sums involved with stainless steel are much greater ;)