Help me decide

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nutpuk, Mar 25, 2008.

  1. nutpuk macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2008
    #1
    I have a Macbook core duo 1.6Ghz 1 Gig Ram since it came out two years ago. I love it to bits but The trouble is I use it for a lot of stuff 5hours + a day
    Music
    Films DVD Recording
    Internet
    E-mail
    Work

    And now it seems to be struggling a bit. The battery only lasts 1 hour. After a while of heavy use it goes really slow and hangs on safari. I normally have to restart the mac to get everything going again. Even after a recent re-install of leopard.

    I was going to buy a new Macbook when it is totally revamped. New facia Cpu etc. However as this is now looking to be near the end of the year I don't know if my macbook will cope.

    To make it worse I have been offered to buy a Lenovo T61P Penryn 2.5Ghz 4Gb Ram for half the price! So its a really good deal. And I could use it more for work as I work in a windows enviroment.

    So do I power through with the mac as I have done till now? and just wait.

    Buy the lenovo for half the price which is a good spec, and sell my macbook to help me pay for it?

    I can't aford to buy the lenovo and keep the mac....shame!

    Also would itunes work if I migrate it from the mac to a pc or because I downloaded a lot of itunes would they not work?

    Many thanks
     
  2. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

    Fonzijr1964

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2008
    Location:
    Maryland
    #2
    take it to the apple store and see what they can do for you. they may be abel to fix it rather inexpensively
     
  3. msjones macrumors 6502

    msjones

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2007
    Location:
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    #3
    how about sell your macbook and get a newer model. Depending on its condition you could get 400 easy on ebay and the baseline MB at 699 will be more than enough for the tasks you do!

    Then you will have the Penryn, 2GB RAM, bootcamp.... plus the eye candy that is the mac!
     
  4. Shackler macrumors 6502a

    Shackler

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2007
    Location:
    behind you!
    #4
    please fanboys dont kill me.
    but i say sell the MAcbook for the Thinkpad and keep until you want to get another Mac. and if the deal is as good as you say you can probably sell that for more than you bought it for(unless im just crazy). Another plus is it could help you with your work too. So take the deal i say.

    just out of curiousity how much is the thinkpad?
     
  5. nutpuk thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2008
    #5
    I checked on ebay and I can get £300 (I'm In the UK) if I sell my macbook

    The lenovo works out at £850 but If I was to buy it from a shop in the UK would cost me £1850! So it's a big saving.

    But what about my Itunes?
     
  6. msjones macrumors 6502

    msjones

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2007
    Location:
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    #6
    850?! You can get the blackbook for about 100 more!

    If it helps though, when I moved from pc to mac I transferred my itunes library over so I see no reason for it not to work.
     
  7. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

    Fonzijr1964

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2008
    Location:
    Maryland
    #7
    Bad bad bad no no no
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300173

    I like that
     

Share This Page