HELP ME!! dented the back of my macbook screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by caspy1993, Jan 21, 2012.

1. caspy1993 macrumors newbie

I dropped my macbook pro and dented the back of the screen, in doing so I think I damaged the screen as well. There's a thick white block in the middle with lots of other coloured lines. I'm thinking that it's quite bad :( but I'm really not sure how bad it is. Could anybody advise me on how much it'll cost to repair? Thanks :)

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Your best bet is to take it to an Apple store....They will tell you what needs replacement, after that, it's up to you if you want to attempt the repair yourself or go with them....You could have damaged the logic board, GPU etc.

At least if you take it to Apple, you'll know what's needed.

3. caspy1993 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

5. TechStooge macrumors member

we cant magically undent it for u on macrumors

buy a case next time

6. hotgrease macrumors regular

The OP only asked how much it would cost to fix, not for us to fix it for him.

7. hooneyrob macrumors member

My 2.2 15" fell slipped off the chair the other day. The Speck case ensured there was no damage so would recommend one to avoid this type of situation. They're not ideal since they are not too easy to get on and off to be fair but I just know it's the right thing to do.. My old MacBook had scratches on the bottom tray just from being moved around on my desk. This one looks as good as new when cleaned up.