Help me diagnose my faulty 24" LED Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tmanto02, Jun 12, 2013.

1. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

I have a 24" LED Cinema Display which is faulty.

The screen in completely blank (no picture or backlight), however the MagSafe still charges my MacBook, the iSight camera and Speakers still work fine.

Before I buy the tools to disassemble the display I just wanted to know if anyone here with experience thinks it is worth repairing?

[​IMG]

TA :)

2. liberalart macrumors newbie

Did you smell burning?

Was there a bit of a persistent burning smell whose source you couldn't pinpoint in the days before the screen went dark? If so, it was likely the main board and it's essentially toast cost/benefit-wise, unless you're still under warranty... It seems to be a common failure point on the LED 24s...

3. tmanto02 thread starter macrumors 65816

tmanto02

No burning smell... Just worked one day and not the next!

4. Ifti macrumors 68000

I have the same issue with a 27"!
    Still need to find time to take it in to Apple - although it has no AppleCare I phoned Apple who state that because my Mac Pro was purchased at the same time and has AppleCare, then the screen is also covered......
    Im just hoping I dont take it into the store to find they dont agree!

5. Flat-Line macrumors newbie

Shine a flashlight into it while its connected to see if you see a faint image, if so probably the back lighting is out on the display.

6. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

That is a financial decision for which we are missing two critical inputs....cost and time. Take it to Apple and let them give you a quote. Either let them fix it or juke it.