Help Me Dress My iP6+

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Val-kyrie, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Val-kyrie, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014

Val-kyrie macrumors 65816

My iP6+ is slated to arrive in the next 2 days, so I need to finalize my decisions on cases and a screen protector.

I plan to buy an Apple leather case plus one more case for less formal situations and one screen protector.

Out of the the cases under consideration, I am looking for a case which is as thin as possible and which provides a moderate amount of protection.

Cases:
    Voyager Pelican
    Tech 21
    Incipio DualPro
    Incipio NGP

*Speck CandyShell Grip(?) - still unavailable
    Most companies don't list specs, so it is difficult to know how much each case adds to the dimensions of the phone.

I would like to be able to pair the case with the Seidio Surface Pro holster, if possible, as well.

Glass Screen Protectors:
    I have read a lot of threads on this and it comes down to three:

Zagg Glass
    Mime Feather+
    Sir Lancelot's Armor

There is no perfect glass protector and both have their detractors due to chipping, but I am leaning toward the Feather because of its thinness. I am also watching the iMos Solid Ex Corning, Moshi iVisor Glass, Benks OKR+ Pro, and the Aegis glass, but either the products are not available or there are no reviews.

What case and glass combo would you use from these lists and why?

2. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

3. scott99 macrumors 6502a

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find your Tactical case, I really like the looks of that case, as well as the protectiveness (if that's a word ?). Thanks in advance.

4. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

5. Val-kyrie thread starter macrumors 65816

Looks a lot like the Spigen Tough Armor. :eek: I wonder if it is a knock-off or if Spigen manufactured and sold it under a generic name.

6. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Best Buy. They carry the Tech21 Tactical cases for both the 6 and 6 Plus. The Tactical finish is just so much nicer than the regular TPU, in my opinion...

7. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Thanks kgenova ! I have the Tech 21 check smoke for my soon to be received (I hope) space gray iPhone 6+, but I want the Tactical, looks really nice and protective. Thanks again.

8. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

The 6+ is great--you will love it. I tried the 6 first, and it just wasn't that different than my 5.
    I've asked the Tech21 company whether there is any difference in the level of protection between the Tactical and the regular Classic Check, and they say they are identical in that regard. However, I think the Tactical looks great and feels like it would be less likely to slip in your hand, so in my book, it wins out. Hope you get your 6 Plus soon!

9. acm1108 macrumors regular

I have both of the Incipio cases you listed. The NGP is my daily driver, this thing is sleek and extremely thin. It will provide adequate protection against scratches which is mainly why I use a case. The dual pro will be better fit if you want that extra drop protection and a little bit more of a lip. But you're buying a glass screen protector so that shouldn't be too much of a concern.

Also, what's always a concern is the bend-gate topic. With the NGP I wear what I consider- normal dress pants for work, not a single indication of a bend.

10. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

I have the NGP for my 6+ as well and I'm really happy with it. This case + glass screen protector seems to be perfect for protection for me. I just wish they made a shade darker in some colors. I would buy more of them.

11. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Thanks ! Can't wait to get my 6+, have 4 cases already, lol. Typically, I like all black cases on a phone with an all black screen, that's why I'm interested in the Tactical. I have seen the space gray all black screen in the Classic Check smoke, and it looks pretty damned cool too, but all black and same protection, I will always go with the all black.

12. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Update: I have changed my case allegiance. The Tech21 Tactical was very good, but its fit was slightly looser than I would ideally have liked, so I decided to check out the newly released Thule Atmos X3 for the 6 Plus. It was just released this weekend, and is available in Best Buy and from Thule's website. It comes in solid black, black and white, black and blue, black and green and white and pink.

It is such a nice case! The fit is very secure, the texture has the perfect amount of grippiness and it is rated for drops of over 6 feet! I did a short YouTube video on it, if anyone is curious:
    http://youtu.be/K4qkELfJH-g