Help me figure out this what movie this is?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMJustAGuy, Mar 20, 2010.

1. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I always (don't know why) remember just one specific part of a movie that I saw (maybe 8 years ago, (not saying it was new then)) and it was on TV. I remember that a mom had two children (boys) and one was good and one was very bad. The scene I remember is where both boys have somehow (slipped off?) a cliff and the mom is laying on the ground leaning over the cliff with each boy grasping to each of her arms hanging on for life... she realizes that she can't save in both of them and let's the bad child slip and pulls the good one up. I don't know why over the span of my life I every-so-often recall this clip and I don't remember what the movie was about. Heck, I don't even remember if I even liked it, I was young maybe 12 when I saw it. I just NEED to know what it is, lol.

2. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

OH MY GOD! YOU DESERVE AN ACADEMY AWARD! This was posted not 30 seconds! You make me feel that this thread is pointless! I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!

3. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

4. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

God? :D

5. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Nope. ;) I've just seen the movie and remember that ending. I recall not particularly liking the film, but it must have left some sort of impression because I've remembered it after 17 years. Heh!

6. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Pssh...

I coulda told you the name too, but nooooooo... the stinkin' Longhorns fan gets here first.

That should be MY praise! ;)

7. ethical macrumors 68000

That's the ending? Spoilers much :p

The OP made the film sound quite interesting....but now I know how it ends! Not cool! :p