Help me find a back cover for the new ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by malias4, Aug 7, 2012.

1. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

I know its a lot of threads going about this but i ve read most of and still cant decide.
    Also been on youtube looking reviews but that didnt help much either :)

What i need is just a back cover for the ipad 3 with snug fit and not loose, compatible with the smart cover but not with the lock feature because i remove it a lot whille gaming or surfing.

Seen all big makes like incipio ,speck , belkin etc but either one dont fit good or breaks easily in the corners or it just locks the smart cover and thats not wat i need. I dont mind even a cheap one of ebay just recomend me anything!

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I have a Belkin TPU back cover I can sell ya ;) It's made for the iPad 2 however it fits really nice on the new iPad. It's smoke colored and doesn't lock the smart cover on.

3. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I am deciding between the Incipio Smart Feather and the Belkin Snap Shield. They are similar except that the Belkin doesn't lock the smart cover on and the Incipio does. What are the advantages and disadvantages of locking the smart cover on?

4. Smithey1981 macrumors member

I use the snap sheild with the iPad 3 and find it really good adds no weight or size to the iPad really and works well with the smart cover

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Some people prefer to have the smart cover locked on so it doesn't flop off or whatever. Then there are those that want the smart cover to be removable depending on the situation. It's basically comes down to what you're more comfortable with. I had issues with my smart cover always coming off which is why I prefer to have it locked on. I use a iBlason back cover on mine. Whichever way you decide to go, there will be times when you'd wish your smart cover were removable as well as locked on so it's whatever you prefer honestly.

6. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info. Not sure what I want. I just have the smart cover on now and it doesn't really flop off so maybe I'll go with a back cover that does not lock the smart cover on for added flexibility.

7. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I am using Apple's Smart Case. Like the Smart Cover it covers the front, but it also covers the entire back of the iPad as well. The Apple Smart cover also turns your iPad off when you close it.

8. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I want minimalist protection, so that's why I went with smart cover instead of the smart case and will get a snap back or even clear-coat protection for the back.

9. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

If you wind up using a back skin/protector, as much as I hate to, I'd recommend getting the ZAGG back skin. It's a little more beefier than your typical back protector and it has a rubbery texture to it so you'll get a better grip while using your iPad. I think if you went with the smart cover + ZAGG back protector, you'd be good to go in terms of scratch protection while still keeping a minimalist look to the iPad. Might also want to invest in a sleeve or something if you need to travel with your iPad too.

10. Baz1205 macrumors newbie

I have a smart cover and an icarbons carbon fibre design cover on the back. It offers great protection against scratches and small dents but I wouldn't go throwing it about quite yet :eek: Apart from the protection it offers very good grip and looks the dogs.

11. walds11 macrumors 6502a

If I go with skin/shield protection it will most likely be clear-coat or Zagg invisibleshield HD. The sales guy at the Best Buy Mobile store was rocking the HD version on his iPad. It looked like clear glass and like there was nothing on at all. I had clear-coat on my old iPhone 4. Good praises with clear-coat. Definitely better than the Zagg regular version. The skin/shield protectors dont add much thickness or bulk.

12. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

13. number84 macrumors 6502

I use a cheap $10 gel-case from eBay. Works perfectly.

14. malias4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

malias4

Thanks for all the coments guys, incase looks really good but the downpart of the tablet is not really covered so i kinda not like it..
    But .. finally i found one that hopefully meet my needs .. http://www.devicewear.com/the-union/

i ve ordered from their ebay page and its 19 dollars so i hope it will be good. read some reviews and i think i ll like it a lot .
    i ve ordered the grey one to fit with my blue smartcover !!

15. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I use a bestskinsever on the back, smart cover on front

16. PrayForDeath macrumors 6502

Let us know what you think when you receive it!

I've had the bestskinsever back skin for 5 months, and it's starting to peel off at the sides. I just ordered a Mivizu (sp?) from Amazon for $10 (plus shipping). Hopefully it's good.

17. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

You could have gotten the Tucano Magico for $14 :)

http://www.jr.com/tucano/pe/TUC_IPDMAG/

but congrats anyway.

18. bushido Suspended

bushido

19. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I decided to go with clear-coat based on previous positive experience. The guy at the mall cart did a great job with the install. The Apple Smart cover and clear-coat screen and back protection is the perfect combo for me. This combo satisfies my need for that minimalist look and it will give me good scratch protection.

20. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I use the Belkin snap shield on my iPad 3. On the iPad 2 I heard issues that it cracked, but haven't had this at all on the iPad 3. One note however is there are 2 separate cases. The iPad 2 snap shield does NOT fit the iPad 3.

Good luck with what you have chosen and let us know if you like it :)

21. malias4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

malias4

Thanks guys when i ll get it i ll post some photos and a small review.This tucano magico looks allso like a case i was looking for, shame bs its also cheaper than the one i ve ordered !
    Also on my ipad 2 i had an icarbons black skin and i loved it but now i want some more protection bs my daughter will use the new ipad so ima a bit scared bs she is still a baby :)

My case its dispatched but it will take a while since im in europe and the company is based in the U.S , also shame bs i payed 19$ for the case and 11$ for the post !!
    U lucky americans haha :)

22. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Yup I hate that postage. I will shop around for free shipping. I just placed an order from Timbuk2 for their new cable pouch. Checked Amazon and they ship for free. Saved $6. The shipping imo was over priced at other places for such a small item.

23. malias4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

malias4

24. kokhean macrumors regular

Just find one which covers the edges of the iPad, that will help a lot.