Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sooz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2005
hi, i've had my macbook pro for a while now, but still don't have a case for it. The only suitable cases i've seen are just boring black. I want something that looks slightly more stylish and isn't too bulky. Anyone have any ideas where i can get one?

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
hi, i've had my macbook pro for a while now, but still don't have a case for it. The only suitable cases i've seen are just boring black. I want something that looks slightly more stylish and isn't too bulky. Anyone have any ideas where i can get one?

Bag or sleeve? Crumpler make cool bags and Foofshop.com make sleeves that sure aren't boring. Then again, the Booq sleeves are black but pretty damn stylish...

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2005
incase bags/sleeves are pretty nice, you can find them on Apple's store website

dr427

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2005
Oklahoma City
I really like my Incase I bought from the Apple Store.

I got a thin satchel type in Orange. It has a ultra soft microfiber type lined interior and a few small pockets. I can take my MBP, AC Charger, Remote, & Thumbdrive all at once in a very thin package.

aljlin

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2006
CA
I bought the brenthaven bag which is nice, but not totally aesthetically appealing. I have heard quite a few about the Timbuk2's. http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/retail/catalog.htm?categoryId=85 Those seem pretty good. Don't worry about if it says powerbook 15" my friend has one of them and says his macbook pro works. I don't know since mine hasn't arrived yet. It's sitting in the distribution center waiting for me. YAY! :)

Mac'Mo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
NYC
if you want something not simply like a black executive, you should look at crumpler bags. some people on this forum swear by them and their site is DEFINITELY anything but boring black.

Mac'Mo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
NYC
wow i see someone recommended jack spade bags and they're really great and stylish but are by no means budget or mainstream. =(

cyberddot

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2003
in a forest
No slight intended, just making note that the macbook/mbp bag threads are kind of numerous, so you might find even more help searching for previous threads on the subject. I found some here with the forum search and here using MRoogle. :)

timerollson

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2005
heretothere
I own this. It's the small loft bag from STM. It's perfect for your Macbook sizewise.
stm_loft_sml_chclt_ornge.jpg

I bought it from a site for $44.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.