Help me find a case that meets my requirements...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by theautopilot, Nov 4, 2012.

1. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Looking for the thinnest case posible, which also;

1) Covers the whole band
    2) Has a slight 'lay on the table' lip (ones that don't mean the screen protector comes off after about a week).
    3) Preferably TPU

Thanks

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

You know this is a case that so many are looking for, including me. You would think the designers would take note.

I have a few other "must haves" which include:

- white case
    - scratch resistant
    - covers the buttons but not hard to push
    - if must have a logo, not in your face

3. theautopilot thread starter macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

What amazes me the most is that in an endless world of cases, I can't find one that does exactly what I want. The Incipio frequency is the closest, but I want something thinner.

A savvy case manufacturer could read this forum and make a killing. Instead they are are obsessed with over-designed crap with huge logos, rather than just making a case great all around performance that people actually want.

4. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I totally agree with you - where are the case designers? Why don't they read and respond?

I would really like the Power Support Air Jacket in white , except for that it dips on the top and bottom. So not only does it allow for dirt and debris to get in but the uniform all the way around look is gone with the shiny bevel showing top and bottom. Grrrr. :confused: What on earth were they thinking? I haven't heard of anyone looking for a dip so the top and bottom can collect dirt.

----------

The closest I've found so far are the Noot cases. They have the solid TPU cases which are pretty slim and all around coverage. But no lay down protection.

The bumper/clear back Noot offers more of what you are looking for. However it is a bit bulkier than the slim Noot, the bumper is a bit harder and thus the buttons aren't as responsive as the slim Noot. But the Bumper style case does offer lay down protection without affecting the screen protector.

What color is your phone? If you are looking for a white case, I can send you one next week. I ordered a few of them as they were cheap add ons through Amazon. I won't use them all and would be happy to share.

5. jpcortese macrumors newbie

What about the Speck Pixelskin HD? It's everything you are looking for. I have one on my 4 and its been the best case I've ever had. As soon as my 5 comes in I'm going to order one and see if its like the one I have now. I haven't seen anything recently on this forum about it but maybe someone can chime in.

6. theautopilot thread starter macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Funny you mention that, I also had the speck pixelskin HD on my 4 and I agree it was probably the best all round case made for the 4. Apart from being bored of over a years use on my 4, I have read quite a few people say the 5 version is a poor fit and uses a slightly harder material which means the sleep/wake button difficult to press.

7. Stricklerjosh macrumors newbie

Belkin grip candy sheer. I just got it and love it

8. OZPINHEAD macrumors member

+1 for the Speck PixelSkin HD
    I'm no to crazy about cases period. But I do lean towards specks designs.

9. spidertaker23 macrumors regular

+1 for the belkin grip candy sheer. I have the black and green one. So far the best case I can find for my iPhone 5. I really wish they would make a black and red version of this case.

10. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Try the Diztronic case in matte black. It's really an awesome case and has all your requirements.

I've been using it for a month now and I've had zero issues with it and looks slim and stylish. Great case overall.

11. hardax macrumors regular

+1

Best case hands down for the price.