Help me find a pair of wireless headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by budmonster, Feb 16, 2014.

1. budmonster macrumors regular

I'm on Amazon looking for a pair of wireless headphones for my iDevices. I need something that I can use with my iPhone/iPad and our TV's in the house. I wan't be able to listen to the TV without waking up the wife. Also, I'd like to play music or listen to a podcast/news and be able to walk away from my iDevice and still be able to listen to it. Looking for something that won't cost my next month’s paycheck and something that isn't so bulky that I look ridiculous.

Thanks for the help.

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

There are a lot of wireless headphones out there. What I would do is narrow my choices down to the brand. I don't go cheap because after a year you will be buying a newer pair.

You didn't say if you wanted in ear or over ear.

JBL J46BT

http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/pr...BLK_JBL_US&stsCatId=cat170038&pCatId=cat10006

Sennheiser MM 100
    http://en-us.sennheiser.com/bluetooth-headset-stereo-mm-100

Sennheiser 120 ii

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/audio-headphones-stereo-wireless-120-ii

AKG K830BT

http://www.jr.com/akg-acoustics/pe/AKG_K830BT/

more here

http://www.jr.com/category/audio/headphones/cordless-headphones/

3. budmonster thread starter macrumors regular

In ear or over, doesn't matter just trying to find something $100 or under if possible.

4. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I recently got the Jaybirds Freedom Sprint and I really like it. I haven't tried it with my HDTV yet though.

Very comfortable and lightweight. Low volume though will not entirely mask outside noise if that is an issue.

5. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

Absolutely these, I personally bought these for a colleague who needs one for her computer and iPhone. I had to test them out myself first. Wounded it up buying a pair for myself because they work seemlessly.

6. Alrescha macrumors 68020

I will add a vote for these. I had a pair, and they were very good. I did find them a little uncomfortable after long periods. I eventually went with the MM-400s, but those appear to be out of your price range.

A.

7. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Sweet.. I don't own any of the wireless but what I did was post a few name brands that I trust that have great sound and quality. I own the JBL Flip speaker which kicks azz for a small speaker. I had an old Bose wireless headset that was nice too which is out of production. Those three brands that I listed, you should be fine with either.

Remember if you are using Bluetooth anything, the signal will drop when you move away from your device. Good luck

8. tbjohn macrumors newbie

I got the Sennheiser RS120 about 3 years ago and it still works really well. I even still have the included rechargeable batteries and have no problem using them. The cushion is very soft and solid. The RS120 uses radio frequency and I can hear the music from the headphones 90 - 100 feet away from the transmitter. The sound quality is good. I have one complaint though. There is a little white noise when I turn the power switch on. To reduce the noise, make sure to turn your receiver or speaker/computer volume up then make the headphones built-in volume switch down. This will reduce the white noise from the headphones. Recommend.

9. budmonster thread starter macrumors regular

I'm going to look over everyone's comments today. I just want to update this. My girlfriend trying to be sweet but me a pair of Sony Wireless FM Over-the-Ear Headphones from Best Buy. They are huge and the receiver, tower looking thing is huge! The receiver has to attached to the TV using the A/V cable that came with it. My TV upstairs had a headphone jack, but my downstairs TV doesn't so I couldn't figure out how to install it. Also, I have a WDTV Live streaming media player downstairs, I saw an AV out slot on the back of it. I tried plugging the A/V cord that came with the headphone into it, only the left headphone speak would work, the right just played static. If I removed the right jack wire the static went away but I could only hear the TV from the left speaker. Anyways, am I suppose to plug this thing in my iPad, lol? I wanted smaller headphones, something that in-the-ear, can I eliminate the receiver and all the wires? Something with Bluetooth. I have 4 devices that I would like to use wireless headphones with

1. LG 42LN5700 42-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart TV
    2. LG 50PV450 50-Inch 1080p Plasma (this is the older tv that is hooked up to the wdtv live streamindg media player. i want wireless headphone that'll work with this tv since it has no headphone jack and i also want the headphones to work with the wdtv if possible)
    3. My iDevices (5s, 5c & Air)
    4. My HP laptop

I also need something where 2 people could use wireless headphones at the same time watching the same show from the same TV? And if possible, I don't know if this can even happen, say I'm using a pair to watch TV and my son is using the other pair to watch a cartoon show on his iPad at the same time? I don't know if you can buy a box that comes with 2 wireless headphones that can be used for the same or separate devices but at the same time? It 5am sorry if that didn't make sense lol, I'm rambling.

10. budmonster thread starter macrumors regular

11. JayMarcel macrumors newbie

Yeah Jaybirds Freedom Sprint is great!! I'v used it before and I'm happy with it. I'v been using others as well cux I think experimenting with something like headphones is always good since new better variations keep popping up every now and then. Checkout this website www.headphones-4less.com for a couple of good headphones, I was impressed. I'v been looking for other useful sites so if any of you guys finds any do share!

12. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Amazon is selling the outstanding Sennhesiser MM500-X apt-x BT Headphones for an incredible $211.00 (that is nearly a 50% discount for a current top of the line model). If you can stretch your budget you'll own IMO the best sounding BT headphones available today. Light as a feather at only 6oz's weight, 10 hour battery life. One thing you might consider is to take the audio output from the cable/sat box to a small DAC and plug a apt-x BT adapter (I use the Jaybird adapter) into the DAC out for the BT headphones. That is what I do and it sounds incredible. You would need a headphone spliter and two BT adapters to use two sets of BT headphones with this configuration but it should work fine.

13. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

If you still need help on choosing a brand, I can also recommend Sennheiser, it has without any doubt the best sound quality according to me.

14. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I've read that the KOKKIA A10m adapter allows two BT devices to connect simultaneously and listen to the same source....truly an amazing little device.
    Link

15. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

LG Tone+ $40-$50

i'm normally not a huge LG supporter but gave these a try and I love the sound quality of them and I think they are hugely underrated