Help me find this iPhone 4 case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SnowDX, Dec 2, 2010.

1. SnowDX macrumors 6502

When I was buying my SGP case I came across a case that I'd like to get for my kid's iPhone, but I cannot remember the web site.

It came in maybe 4 or 5 colours, was supposed to be fairly rugged, covered the back and front and had a clear cover for the screen that clipped on for on the go. Does this sound familiar to anyone.

2. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

3. SnowDX thread starter macrumors 6502

Yup, that's it. Thanks!

It's almost perfect. She would like one that has the Apple logo cut out at the back like my SGP (but I'd like her to have more protection than an SGP). I know the Otterbox Defender has the logo cut out, but I saw it in real and it's huge. Also had some bad reviews on the silicon stretching out.

So, anything else like this out there but with logo cut out? If not, I'll have to decide on less protection or non cut out I guess.

4. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

I suggest you check out the otterbox commuter. Its $18 on Amazon and its a great case. Its 2-Piece, silicone interior and a hard plastic outer part. Has a cutout for the apple logo, and built in covers for the headphone and dock connector.

5. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I HIGHLY recommend you try out the OtterBox Commuter. It offers a lot of drop and shock protection, more so than the Revo 4 I think. Also, it has a apple logo cutout and a full faced screen. Just put a back and front screen protector on it and you got some amazing protection. I highly recomend you try out the SwitchEasy Pure+ screen shields, they are of awesome quality, take it from a guy who has tried a bunch, and knows quality when he sees it, trust me, I'm very picky about my screen protectors and cases.

6. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Haha, we posted at almost the same time, that's cool we agree! :D

7. scarboy6693, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010

scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

The commuter is one of the best cases I have ever used. Its like the perfect case IMO Really protective and not bulky. What more could you out of a case. Ironically its like the only case I haven't put a review of on my channel :p

8. SnowDX thread starter macrumors 6502

Does it only come in black? She's 13, black will not cut it. LOL She'll want white, blue, orange...something like that. So close but yet so far! And I have to order quick to get it to Canada by Christmas.

9. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

Try the Switcheasy TRIM then. Its $19 on their website. It has a see thru back instead of a logo cutout. It comes with dock connectors, 2 screen protectors and a TON of colors

http://switcheasy.com/products/TRIM/TRIM.php

10. SnowDX, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010

SnowDX thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I like it. I think that just may work! I like the perceived protection of the Revo 4 better, but I think she'll prefer having the screen not covered us much since she just has a Gelaskins on her Touch so is used to no coverage really.

11. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

the REVO isn't too bad, but its pretty big and it sticks into pockets.

12. SnowDX thread starter macrumors 6502

The big not so good, but the grippy thing might not matter. She's either using it, or it's in a backpack or her purse. Never in a pants pocket.

I am liking the Trim more and more, especially now that I see it comes with dock inserts. She docks it every night on a clock to charge and listen to music before bed. We've also got another speaker dock downstairs. We usually just go without dock inserts, but would be cool to have the stability of an insert. Any other companies that include dock inserts with their cases?

13. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

not that I know of, its mostly a switcheasy thing

14. JASApplications macrumors 65816

the Griffin Woogie is good for kids http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/woogie

Depends how your kid is though!

15. SnowDX thread starter macrumors 6502

16. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

i SAY THE INCASE SNAP, belive me i went through many cases but this one really grew on me, but make sure you get the nice smoke version that came with the apple free case program. I had to look on ebay for mine and i finally found it....

17. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

He did say he wanted something more protective than a snap on back cover

18. SnowDX thread starter macrumors 6502

Well she and I were looking for iPhone cases for "my" phone (ha!) and it ends up she wants something similar to her iPod Touch where she just uses a pouch that she slides it in and out when she needs it. She really wants the screen protected with more than a screen protector when it's in her backpack, purse, etc. It ended up that she *really* like this http://cretouch.com/valencia-leather-pouch-iphone-white-p-759.html so I ordered it for her. She also liked SwitchEasy Trim in the pink a lot, but I could tell she preferred having a flip over cover for when it's in her bags or sitting on the table and gets knocked off by her little sister.

Thanks very much for everyone's help. It definitely gave me a good starting point and cases to go towards if the one I bought doesn't end up working out.

19. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

20. JASApplications macrumors 65816