Help me find this iPhone 5 case!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by deraj090, Sep 30, 2013.

1. deraj090 macrumors regular

Hey guys--

Saw a woman on the subway this morning with an iPhone 5(s?-hopefully!) case that I thought looked pretty cool. She was WAY too involved in whatever song she was listening to and whatever book she was reading on her Kindle app for me to bother her, otherwise I would have asked her directly.

The one thing I remember about the case is that the piece covering the lock/unlock button said "Pwr" and was flush to the rest of the case. The +/- volume rocker buttons were also flush to the case.

Anyone know what case this is? It was black...

2. Warcake macrumors regular

Clear back? Spigen Ultra Hybrid. I have this case. Comes in black and gray.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

does that have a lay on the table design?

4. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

That's the one, thanks! I'm not sure if hers was clear back -- looking at the site now, I'm thinking she probably had the gray. What's the difference in size between the hybrid and the regular? I noticed that there's no cutout for the apple logo on the clear one (obviously) -- does this make it thinner?

5. Warcake macrumors regular

It has a lay on table, also the edges follow the chamfered edge shape, so it's easy to grip and it's shape doesn't dig into your fingers like my Belkin View case did. I don't think it has a "regular" version, the "hybrid" is just a naming thing. The backs pretty thin, although it gets scratched easily, which is unavoidable with hard plastic. Overall it looks and feels great.

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

SPIGEN iPhone 5S Case Bumper **NEW Release** [Ultra Hybrid] [Black] FREE Screen Protector + 2 FREE Design Graphics Included Bumper with CLEAR Back Panel for iPhone 5S / 5 - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Black (SGP10515)
    http://amzn.com/B00E486Q9I

7. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, $10? That's worth trying it out! Does that kind of pricing exist for the Tough Armor version?

8. Warcake macrumors regular

And it comes with two screen protectors as well if you're into those. I guarantee this is a case you're gonna be keeping for a while. The tough version runs for 24 bucks.

9. deraj090 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys, just placed an order for the Tough Armor! I've never personally been a fan of a clear back for my iPhone case, so I'll give the Smooth Black Tough Armor version a shot.