Help me find this Steve Miller song!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by adk, Apr 12, 2007.

1. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I heard the song "Take the Joker and Run" by Steve Miller band on the radio yesterday, and I can't find a copy of it to buy anywhere! I can't find it on itunes, amazon, or anyplace else I've looked.

Any Ideas?

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

Have you checked actual stores, or just online? I'd be willing to bet there are retail stores that would carry it.

Edit: And did you mean "The Joker" or "Take the Money and Run", both of which are on iTunes?

More: Link

Link

Seems it is a "special edition" off of their 30th anniversary album.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Maybe because the title is
    Take the Money and Run ("this here's the story of Billy Joe and Bobbi Sue, two young lovers with nothing better to do, Than sit around the house, get high and watch the tube. Here's what happened when they decided to cut loose...")
    or
    The Joker ("I'm a joker, I'm a smoker...")
    (two different songs)

(Unless there is a special one-off live medley that Steve Miller did that I am not aware of, in which case it is unlikely to be available)

Damn, I seem to have dated myself yet again. OK OK, I know the lyrics of most popular songs of the 70's. I am culturally stunted as a result.

4. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

The "Steve Miller Band" is available on iTunes. You seems to be mixing the titles of two different SMB songs together. One is the "The Joker", and the other is "Take the Money and Run".

Search "Steve Miller Band" in iTunes, you'll find them.

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

Forget your meds again this morning?

6. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

LOL - well played, sir. Well played indeed. :D

7. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

SOME people get it! :rolleyes:

:D

8. emw macrumors G4

emw

I got it, I was just unsuccessfully trying to be funny. :eek:

9. adk thread starter macrumors 68000

adk

To clarify, I am NOT looking for "Take the Money and Run" or "The Joker," as I already have copies of both of those songs.

"Take the Joker and Run" is a sort of acoustic version of "Take the money and run" with some variations, and I've been dying to hear it again since I first heard it.

EDIT: OK, I found it. It's on Itunes as "take the money and run (demo)," which probably just means the radio DJ messed up on the title. It's on the Fly Like an Eagle 30th anniversary album, and I highly recommend checking it out.

10. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Well, ok then it may have been a live thing, and you'll not likely find it on iTunes etc. You'll have to scour live CDs or DVDs to see if you can find if that version was ever released.