General Help me find tweak: No battery icon

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dasx, Mar 24, 2013.

1. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

Hey all.
    I'm looking for a tweak which could do the following:
    1. Remove the battery icon from the status bar.
    2. Put some kind of icon or something there when charging.
    3. Change that charging icon to something different when charging is done.

1 can be done by several tweaks. 1 and 2 can be done with Bolt (haven't tried it in iOS 6.X so I don't know if it's compatible). I haven't figured out how to do all 1, 2 and 3 though.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. rak007 macrumors 6502a

Not really an elegant way but i believe you would have iFile installed on your device. I do have Bolt installed and figured out that when i open iFile for some weird reason Bolt is not working, as in i get back the battery icon on status bar.
    So what i suggest is that you install Bolt and get done with points 1 and 2.
    Then when it shows 100% charged but still you will see a bolt sign so no way to know whether it is fully charged or still charging.
    At this point just start iFile and see your status bar and you will get battery icon. If it has the small bolt within battery it is still charging and if there is a plug sign it is fully charged.

3. hafr macrumors 68030

I use Bolt, which as you say takes care of 1 and 2, then I use BatteryDoctorPro which alerts when the charging is done. It plays a little tune, but in case you miss it it also tells you on the lock screen.

4. dasx thread starter macrumors 65816

dasx

Yes, I was aware of that. Any app that runs as root will show the default status bar. (i.e. Cydia, Flex, iFile…) But as you state, not very elegant. :(

Might be a little bit more elegant way although I'd like not to depend on external apps, just a simple tweak that would allow to see it in the status bar.

I guess I'll have to either keep the icon or deal with one of these workarounds. (Or write my own tweak, lol)

5. hafr macrumors 68030

I see your point, but check the app out either way. You might find it pretty interesting :) In fact, it's the only one I've found that shows the number of cycles the battery has gone through...

6. dasx thread starter macrumors 65816

dasx

App Store or Cydia? I'm guessing Cydia but can't find any result even for "Battery Doctor". External repo?
    OK. Seems that you gotta search for "ijin" and it shows up. Will try it out although I think I will just keep the icon.

7. hafr macrumors 68030

Cydia, enter BatteryDoctorPro and hit search and you'll find it :) Or wait, maybe you did... ;)