Help me for MacBook Pro configuration

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fr@nk80, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Fr@nk80 macrumors newbie

Good morning to you, I have to buy a macbook pro. I use computers for internet browsing, I view movies and listen to music, I am a teacher and I use a lot of office programs. I rarely use adobe photoshop and adobe illustrator. I want a high-performance computer and I want to use it for a long time. Can you help me for the configuration? I thought ssd 512 and 16 GB ram. The dual core or quad core processor?
    Touch bar or not touch bar

I am undecided.
    I apologize for the bad english. I am Italian.

Thank you

2. Glmnet1 macrumors 6502a

Do you need one now or can you wait until June for the new ones? It's not sure but very likely that we will see new ones then.

What's your budget?

You first need to choose between a more portable and cheaper 13" or a more powerful, heavier and expensive 15".

3. Fr@nk80 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, my budget is 2000-2200 €.
    13 or 15 is indifferent.

4. Glmnet1 macrumors 6502a

At that price you won't get a high-performance computer, sadly. You can get the base touchbar 13". You should consider looking at the refurbished ones.

You should really consider waiting for the 2018 ones or at least buying Apple Care with it because of the issues with the keyboard.

5. Fr@nk80 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you advise me to wait for the new macbook? I can wait until June. I can not wait beyond the month of June.
    Even the mackbook 15 have keyboard problems?

6. Glmnet1 macrumors 6502a

Yes, wait until June if you can.

Yes, except the 2015 one that they are still selling but it's not good value because it's old hardware sold at the price of new one.

7. Fr@nk80 thread starter macrumors newbie