Help me get over the finger prints. I am obsessively compulsively cleaning my screen.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigPrince, Jul 4, 2007.

1. BigPrince macrumors 68020

I am obsessively compulsively cleaning my screen. :( Anyone else have this issue? I even got a cleaning cloth with my case which I find works better then the iPhone one. Also, I put a screen protector on.

I almost have a phobia of touching screens. I hate when people touch there computer screens and will break peoples fingers when they even come within a foot of my computer screen.

It was quite difficult to even start touching my beautiful iPhone on the screen when I first got it.

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

you have a screen protector dude, leave it! just put the cloth some where you wont use it or something

3. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

I don't think we can help you. Just clean it off when you get home each night. It's going to happen. Get over it?

It's not like your laptop or desktop screen. It's glass. It cleans easily. So don't worry about it.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

make anyone who wants to touch it wear a pair of surgical gloves.

5. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Take the screen protector off. I don't have one and I have not cleaned the screen since I bought except about 10 minutes after I took it out of the box.

It does have some smudges on it, but they are non-visible almost all of the time and have no impact on usability.

I suspect your protector is potentially making this worse.

6. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Me too, I am so OCD about it. A trick I learned is the less you use your phone the more you notice finger prints. So just use it more.:D

7. whawhat macrumors 6502

he be right - my iphone w/ no protector was fine. then i got a griffin holster that included a screen protector so i put it on = it's already smudged and scratched.....gonna get rid of it.

8. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

ha, i use my phone in a clean room where i wear a full clean room suit, hood and gloves.

9. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I noticed how clean it looked viewing it straight on, smudges and all. When it's off you can see the smudges at an angle, but even direct view it looks clean. I clean it every evening, though.

10. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

It seems you are beyond macrumors help:)

11. mashoutposse macrumors 6502

Get a 3M Microfiber Cloth. A few swipes and you're back to a perfect shine. Just keep that on you.

12. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

You are kidding me right? Did you not know a touchscreen interface would get fingerprints on it?

The logical fixes are either sell the iphone or wipe it off with a shirt (the truly compulsive would bring the screen cloth with them, in a bag of course :D ).

I just give it a wipe down before I show it off (that rule applies to many things)

13. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

Like I said in the other "OMG FINGERPRINTS!!!!11!eleven" thread, just cut off your finger tips. Problem solved :D

14. johnfmaguire macrumors newbie

Marks

I printed a small notice about 1 cm x 5 cm wide, asking colleagues in work,
    "Please, Please do not touch screen or point pens at it, thanks!'' I stuck it on the top and bottom of both my computers in work.

15. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Okay, 3 options:

1) Take a key to it and scratch it to hell -- you'll never look at finger prints again.

2) Take a key and gouge out your eyes -- you'll never see your finger prints again.

3) Burn your hands, ears, mouth, cheeks, lips -- basically any body part that'll touch your phone -- severely, I mean if 4th degree burns were possible , you'd have 5th degree burns. You'll never get prints on it again unless someone else touches it. If that happens, severely burn them as well.

Personally, I think option 1 is the way to go. It doesn't physically hurt you Mentally that's another story, especially if fingerprints are bothering you that much now.

16. BigPrince thread starter macrumors 68020

It not the fingerprints themselves that I have the phobia off.

Its more the fingerprints on the actual iPhone.

I just like keeping it as clean as possible.

17. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Thought I was the only one!

I feel your pain but what else can you do with an iPhone?

The microfibre cloth discreetly carried, and even more discreetly used, seems the best solution to me .

Best wishes from the anal brotherhood! :p

18. SheriffParker macrumors 6502a

SheriffParker

force yourself to not wipe it off for 3 days. After that, only wipe it off several times a day.

19. kevinwiz macrumors regular

just think about what happened to me. if you try to take it out of your pocket without securely grabbing the screen and just holding the sides, you will drop it!

20. macrat macrumors regular

Go to Re-hab:D

Consider using the headset or BT to at least get your face off the phone

21. wongulous macrumors 6502a

Take the protector off. It definitely makes more smudges and dirt and oil build-up on my Treos and other Palmphones in my experience.

22. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Big, I feel your pain.

I got my iPhone today and was like "Oh my god, my screen has smudges!" :eek: :D :D :D

23. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I know I'm not the only one who snickered at that. Fess up people!