Help me get Silverlight and the Olympics working!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fivepoint, Aug 12, 2008.

1. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I want to watch some of the olympics video on my intel mac, but can't seem to get Silverlight installed. I downloaded the file, double-clicked on the package to see the installer, and then I get this:

[​IMG]

The problem... I can't click "continue!" It's grayed out. Has anyone else had this problem? It's terribly frustrating. Any workaround would be fantastic. In case it matters, I'm running an intel iMac, with 10.5, Quicktime Pro, Flip4Mac, etc. Everything is up-to-date.

2. kryszrich macrumors member

I can't help, however, i was able to install it. But then i uninstalled anyways. With Silverlight installed everytime I went to MSN, it would hang for 15-20 secs. It annoyed me greatly. Like everything that Microsoft makes, it's very far from acceptable.

3. gvg45 macrumors member

My experience exactly. No problems installing it, but the hanging up when opening MSN seemed ridiculously long. I uninstalled it right away.

4. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

I would remove from your computer and then try going to the NBC Olympics Page and then Install it from there. I still believe it goes to MS for the D/L but I had no problems installing it. It works fine for the Olympics. As far as MSN that is one site I do not go to so cannot comment on the hang.

Bill....:apple:

5. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I've tried 3 times now! It downloads perfectly... and everything works fine until the installer launches and it doesn't let me click continue. I have always downloaded it from the link on the NBC olympics page. :confused:

6. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

You could also try Pacifist to see if it can install it properly. No idea why the Installer isn't working, but it could just be a poorly written one or something could be downloading incorrectly.

jW