Help me! Help me recover my iPhoto Events

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacFabulous, Nov 17, 2010.

1. MacFabulous macrumors newbie

MacFabulous

Pleeeeaase help me! :(

I made a general scan and "throw away" of cache files with the program Clean My Mac. It all went fine i thought and restarted my Mac. When restarted all my iPhoto Events where gone!!! I have over 6000 pictures which was divided up in many many Events. I believe I still have all the photos but unfortunately my back up did not include the Events themselves. I would be really glad if someone could tell me how the Clean My Mac program could do this, and ESPECIALLY how to recover those lost Events within iPhoto! They most be put away somewhere or hidding in the Clean My Mac caches/files.

Are there any good programs that are able to reestablish/recover my Events???

Please help me! I´m really desperate! :(:confused:

2. Greka macrumors newbie

CleanMyMac Support

Hello!
    We've already tried to reproduce the issue with iPhoto 9, but CleanMyMac did not affect the events.

We're about to test it with iPhoto 11.

Could you please provide us with more info on the particular version of the OS and iPhoto you have?

3. Greka macrumors newbie

CleanMyMac Support

We've tested CleanMyMac with all the latest versions of iPhoto and could not reproduce the described behavior.

Please do provide us with more information. So far it sounds like a one-time issue.