Help Me ID These Headphones!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vant, Jan 7, 2011.

1. vant macrumors 65816

Hey guys,

Just found these lying around in a drawer. I can't figure out where they came from.

We have iPods, iPhones, an iPad, Macbooks, Pros, but we don't think these came with any of them.

They look like the headphones from the original iPhone, but they are packaged way differently. It has a mic and a clickable button, just like the iPhone ones (but not 3GS, 4).

Attached Files:

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I can't identify what you've got there other than what you've already said, but I believe that's the packaging Apple uses when you order an item like that as part of CTO (Configure-To-Order) purchase. Do you remember ordering those headphones as a CTO option on any of your purchases?

3. vant thread starter macrumors 65816

Definitely not. Very strange.

If I were to guess, I'd assume it came from the white Macbook from 2007.

It wasn't CTO from what I know.

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

AFAIK, Apple has never included headphones with their computers.

5. neondrgns macrumors regular

neondrgns

They are the cheap chinese knockoffs you get from ebay or amazon or wherever. Apple packages their headphones to fit a small box, and its nicely wound u in a square package. I ordered replacement headphones for super cheap off ebay, and these are exactly how they came to me.

6. Shockre macrumors member

they come packed like that with ipods/iphones in the box. so they dont have to be fake.

7. vant thread starter macrumors 65816

Yikes. This is what I am afraid of. I have another pair of authentic ones, I'll open these up and do some testing just to be sure ;)

8. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Couldn't they just be older Apple ones which were put their years before from someone else and forgotten about?

9. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

The white earbuds for the iPhone have a small mic part on one of the wires. The iPod headphones do not. Check to see if you have a mic on one of the wires. That is how you can identify if they are for iPhone or iPod. They are both interchangeable and iPod phones will work on iPhones and vise versa.

Good luck.

10. belvdr macrumors 603

The new iPod headphones have the volume control and mic with their headphones.

11. Jazojas12 macrumors regular

The iPod headphones about 4-5 years ago came like that from what I remember...but those are the newer style earbuds so I don't know.