Help me identify this 1982 Apple product box

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by justinthesommer, Jul 5, 2015.

1. justinthesommer macrumors regular

justinthesommer

Hi everyone,
    So I have recently come to get my hands on an old Apple box. The UPS ship date is August 3, 1982. I am trying to find out what product went in it. Can anyone help me out? I have attached some photos to help. The box dimensions are 22 3/8" x 10 5/8z" x 8 3/4". It's too small and long to be a Apple II so I think it may be from a printer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. IMG_0806.JPG IMG_0808.JPG IMG_0809.JPG IMG_0811.JPG

2. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

It looks like it's just a box of peripherals. I know the Apple II would come in a similar bigger box (with the same "The Personal Computer" on the side), so probably relates something to the II.

3. justinthesommer thread starter macrumors regular

justinthesommer

4. jf1450 macrumors regular

Possibly Apple's "Profile" 5 Meg (yes, meg) external hard drive. They were about the size of a bread box but not quite as tall. Shipping date too early for a Lisa. Another possibility could be an Apple III.

Those were the days. I bought an Apple IIe around that time and remember that slogan on the box. Wish I still had that ole boy.

-jeff

5. SDDave2007 macrumors regular

I worked for an Apple retailer in 1982 .... so long ago
    That (if if remember) was the box the the floppy disk drives came in.... although a similar size/shape box was used for all smaller items as well