Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macOSXpg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
First question: how to keep the same settings for all the webpages i add, for e.g I want to change the font and colour of the (same) above title in all my pages by just changing the settings from 1 webpage, i want the "content height and width" to remain the same in each webpage, etc...

Second question: How to remove the "Browser background" altogether? I have used a theme wherein a rather odd colour is being backed behind the main page.

please help me, for i'm not to happy with the default layout that iweb sets when i apply any template...

thanks,
pg

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
First question: how to keep the same settings for all the webpages i add, for e.g I want to change the font and colour of the (same) above title in all my pages by just changing the settings from 1 webpage, i want the "content height and width" to remain the same in each webpage, etc...

Second question: How to remove the "Browser background" altogether? I have used a theme wherein a rather odd colour is being backed behind the main page.

please help me, for i'm not to happy with the default layout that iweb sets when i apply any template...

thanks,
pg

I wrote a little article on how I produced my iWebsite. Go here and look for the Using iWeb 08 article. It should prove useful to novices.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Cheers I want to start using iWeb to, any chance of you updating it for iWeb 09?

cheers

Most likely once I buy it. I only really use iWeb and it hasn't been updated that much so I can't justify paying £70 for iWeb alone. :eek:

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire

thanks,
pg

OK, for some specifics as to your questions:

1. While I don't exactly what it is you desire to do as stated, I will say that to make sure each page is identical to begin with just set up one page to look as you desire, select that page in the left hand column and use "Duplicate" under the "Edit" menu to establish new pages as desired with the same exact layout. Then you can make particular color changes etc on the individual pages.

2. As far as removing the browser background altogether, I would imagine the best way is to just set it to white in the Browser Background section of the Page inspector (below).

3. I don't use any of the default layouts myself- I just start with the "Blank" page in any of the layout themes (usually starting with the Black or White theme) and lay out elements as desired on the page with text blocks, images, etc.

If you want to take a look at hundreds of pages created with iWeb for ideas and to see what some people have done with it, browse through the many listed on iWebUserSites. There are also a couple of good threads with lots of iWeb examples in the "Web Design and Development" section here on Mac Rumors.

Attachments

• pageinspector.jpg
    pageinspector.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 43
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.