iPhone Help Me Jailbreak My 5s

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by i1280, Aug 28, 2016.

1. i1280 macrumors regular

i1280

Let me preface this by saying I am clueless when it comes to Thai sort of thing...but could someone help me jailbreak my 5s? I currently have 9.0.1 software and don't want to upgrade to 9.3.5 yet because I've been Reading that it can't be jail broken like that.

I've been working with a Pangu9.0 v1.3.2 to try to do this but it keeps getting stuck at an adjust the date screen...

Is anyone out there able to walk me through this to get this phone updated? I am not using it as a phone so I wanted to jalibreak it to play around with it. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. i1280 thread starter macrumors regular

i1280

So I finally got it going but it's been stuck at 30% Configuring the Environment for about 20 minutes...

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can't update to anything by 9.3.5
    So you either stay at the version you are and jb or you go up to stock 9.3.5

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Connect your phone to iTunes and back it up. Do not let iTunes upgrade you. Disconnect it when done.

Turn off Find My iPhone.

From your phone, Erase All Contents and Settings. Right now, since you are NOT currently jailbroken this won't hurt you. You'll stay on the same firmware.

Set your phone up as new. Connect it to your computer and jailbreak. Once jailbroken, restore from your backup in iTunes (it won't upgrade you).

5. i1280 thread starter macrumors regular

i1280

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Good to hear! Welcome to jailbreaking! :D

PS!!!

Now that you ARE jailbroken - DO NOT ERASE ALL CONTENTS AND SETTINGS from your phone!!!!!

VERY BIG NO-NO WHEN JAILBROKEN!

It will screw up the system and you will not be able to boot. That will force a restore to the latest version.

So, if you have issues ask, but don't do what I had you do earlier now that you are jailbroken.

And if you keep being tempted to update, install Mikoto and that will nuke the update badge as well as disable the update system.