HELP ME!!! Jailbreak problem with 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dreballin, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dreballin macrumors newbie

Hey guys as you can see Im new to this forum and community I've been reading post about this 5.12.01 crisis so I know there is currently no way to unlock new bootrom 3G's. I have a Iphone 3G MB model and I have jailbroken it before (incorrectly Im assuming). The problem that I am having is after the 3.1.2 update, Itunes is not recognizing the ATT_US_STEALH file and it says in itunes that the firmware is not compatible, which in turn shows no carrier when my sim card is in. Its an ipcc file so im not sure if I have to change it to ipsw or what...... this is where you guys come in...What am I doing wrong...or what needs to be done. SN: I am running on the newest version of Itunes if that makes a difference. If you guys could help I'd really appreciate it!:D

And here's the steps I've been following
    http://www.doawebdesigns.com/index....ilbreak-313-with-05121-baseband-and-it-works-

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Your post is indecipherable, so let me ask a few questions:

What version of the OS do you have? 3.1.3 or 3.1.2?

What baseband (Modem Firmware) version do you have? 05.11.07 or 05.12.01?

Have you jailbroken your phone since you last restored it (whether to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2)?

What, specifically, is not working about your phone? Are you at the Emergency Calls Only screen? Do you get no signal? Can you not boot? Do you have a signal but no carrier and cannot make calls? Will it not recognize your SIM?

What are you trying to do with the ATT_US_STEALTH.ipcc?

3. dreballin thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry about that I bought the phone second hand and it was running on 3.1.3 with the 5.12.01 baseband, I managed to jailbreak it but I think I did something wrong in the process because it I had no signal and no carrier was shown. So I restored the whole thing and now its running on 3.1.3 again. I just need to figure out how to jailbreak to 3.1.2 and have my sim card be recognized to make calls. The ipcc file was to update to AT&T 6.0 Carrier, the phone is currently on 5.6.

Again here are the steps I took
    http://www.doawebdesigns.com/index....ilbreak-313-with-05121-baseband-and-it-works-

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You need to restore to 3.1.2 thru itunes and then let it activate on itunes with your AT&T simcard in it.
    Then you can JB it with redsnow.

5. dreballin thread starter macrumors newbie

Would anyone be willing to have a skype session so i can actually show them whats going on because all the advice given I have tried. Message me if so I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

6. leftyno9 macrumors regular