help me MAC out my store?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mindtheater, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Mindtheater macrumors newbie

Hi all. I'm opening a frozen yogurt store with a rockin style. I have this dream in my head where all my monitors in the store are controlled my my Mac. If i wanted to display HD television on a few monitors and have maybe the itunes visualizer on a few and maybe a few monitors can have a jpeg image displayed or jpegs on all at once. Is this possible to control all of this from my mac with some software and hardware?

I am in the process of building and I guess I'm just going to run 50' HDMI cables from all my monitors to an office that would have a computer. I'm just hoping that there is some sort of interface that i can plug 10-20 HDMI's in at once and control them all.. Am I thinking crazy?

Thank you in advance for any help or ideas.
    :confused::confused:

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I'm by no means an expert on this, but I have a feeling that running 10 different monitors is pushing it.

You could potentially set up your mac as a media server on a wired network (just for bandwidth) then use a few systems to pull data from it. For that matter you could probably use a Drobo as a NAS media server, or Free NAS, then use a few mac minis to run info to different monitors. Not sure how that will work in Full screen mode with multiple monitors though.

3. bagelche macrumors 6502

bagelche

Having no experience with them, is this something an :apple:TV per TV could handle from a centralized media server? Wouldn't work for the visualizers I imagine, but pushing other video/image content, perhaps.