Help me make a trading decision

Discussion in 'iPad' started by James.K.Polk, May 18, 2016.

1. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

Considering trading my iPad Mini 4 for a 9.7" iPad Pro w/ Cellular (32 GB). The only caveat? It's rose gold. I might have to throw in $50 in top.

Worth it? Does anyone have a rose-gold iPad, even if isn't their favorite device? I could always put a case/skin on it...

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Can you live with 32? Personally, I could not. Do you want a 9.7? Or is it just a "grass is greener" on the other side situation? Rose gold would be a problem for me b/c I only have a hard plastic back protector and a soft screen protector. To me cases ad bulk and weight, negating the light and thin feel of the Air. If you buy a case then that is extra $ over the $50.

It's worth it if its something you want, sure. From a $ perspective its an honest trade.

3. James.K.Polk thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'd really appreciate the Apple Pencil (not included, I don't think) for basic note taking in law school. 32 GB is more than fine - even 16 works for me, with a couple minor tradeoffs. I have 64 GB on my iPhone and don't use anywhere close to it. The biggest hang-up (in a vain way) is the pink but I can probably get over it... Thanks!

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

You don't mention the specs of the Mini 4. GB? Wifi only? 4G? It really just comes down to simple math. Take the used market street value of your Mini 4, add the $50, and compare it to the retail price of the lady color 9.7.

5. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

Well I'm a woman, so take this with a grain of salt I guess (since pink wouldn't be an issue for me), but I'd do it and just put a colored case/sleeve on the back. Those don't have to cost much at all from Amazon, and you wouldn't really see the pink.

6. James.K.Polk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Right. It's 16 GB Wifi/Cellular. The guy seemed genuinely interested this morning but hasn't responded since so maybe he found a buyer...
    --- Post Merged, May 18, 2016 ---
    I think it's very do-able. I don't hate the pink, it just wouldn't be my first choice....

7. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Yeah I mean mini 4 for an iPad Pro 9.7 , even with $50 on top , is an extremely favorable trade on your side of the deal

8. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I actually thought i'd hate Rose Gold (Salmon) colored iPhones and iPads... but it's actually really neat looking enough that I wouldn't be opposed to owning one, (and I usually don't like any colored aluminum.) But it may be storage that is the deciding factor here... do you need extra storage or would 32GB work for you? If yes, then I say go for it. the Apple Pencil, great screen, great speakers, and great camera all make the iPP 9.7" amazing.

Kal.

9. barkomatic macrumors 68040

That would have been a great trade in your favor but it sounds like that ship has sailed.

10. James.K.Polk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sometimes you never know but.... Looks like odds are against it. I'll keep the Craigslist post up for trading just in case. I do love this Mini 4, but I went to the Apple Store to buy a Smart Cover and playing with that Apple Pencil wow'd me a little.

11. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...good luck with your decision if the trade is still available...

12. James.K.Polk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alright, the guy is back but he wants $100. Still worth it, in your opinion?

13. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502

I like Apple's rose gold. It looks more like bronze or copper to me in certain light.

14. James.K.Polk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anddddd it fell through. So now, of course, looking at buying a Pro at Best Buy and possibly trading in the Mini 4... hmm...

15. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

I wonder if he read this thread.

16. James.K.Polk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ha! No, what actually happened was... the IMEI rang clean on iCloud and Swappa, but turned out to be financed (and overdue!) on T-Mobile. Don't think he's a MacRumors reader ;)

17. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

Oh, cool then; glad you found out beforehand.