Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hyloba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Apple trackpads really are something else than everything similar ever produced, I love the gestures. However, after some weeks of use I am starting to get a little wrist strain because I have to flex my hand slightly upward. I don't have this upward flex on my macbook pro because my wrist is positioned at the same level as the touchpad.

Anyone else has a solution to this problem? Would appreciate any help!

Celerondon

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2013
Southern Cal
Apple trackpads really are something else than everything similar ever produced, I love the gestures. However, after some weeks of use I am starting to get a little wrist strain because I have to flex my hand slightly upward. I don't have this upward flex on my macbook pro because my wrist is positioned at the same level as the touchpad.
Is your trackpad/keyboard combo mounted too low relative to your shoulders? Perhaps you could experiment with your chair height to see it changing it helps. I type and track with flat wrists at my desk. I don't know if this is a preferred position or not but this Magic Trackpad has never caused me any discomfort.

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 10.12.43 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.