Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APedro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Hi guys,
I'm about to buy my first macbook, but i cant choose between the new macbook air and macbook pro. I was thinking to buy the rMBP but it would be overpriced for me needs. I will use it to work with office/iword, to carry it with me to everywhere, web browsing and occasionally some light photo editing. Unfortunately i can't wait untill the new MBP's release, since i have my masters thesis to do and i cant wait for October/November.

Some facts: MBA i7/8GB/128GB Vs. MBP i5/4GB/500GB. I rly love the non retina macbook pro look but the low resolution, the ssd fault and the 4gb ram its something i want avoid. But theres the macbook air, with the new haswell cpu, the 8GB ram and the astonish flash storage. But i dont like that much the MBA look, the screen isn't that beautiful even with 1440 resolution. And something that scares me is the "unupgradble" of MBA. I think if in future some component screw up, i can't fix it. If i bought the MBP i can fix RAM or Storage...

Something that would help me decide, this week i bought the new time capsule, with new wifi ac, witch would work rly nice with the MBA.

Can't rly decide by me...help me guys, some of u hv MBA, u think its long term ultrabook? can i keep it for 4/5 years?

Ty guys,
Regards

AP

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
Hi guys,
I'm about to buy my first macbook, but i cant choose between the new macbook air and macbook pro. I was thinking to buy the rMBP but it would be overpriced for me needs. I will use it to work with office/iword, to carry it with me to everywhere, web browsing and occasionally some light photo editing. Unfortunately i can't wait untill the new MBP's release, since i have my masters thesis to do and i cant wait for October/November.

Some facts: MBA i7/8GB/128GB Vs. MBP i5/4GB/500GB. I rly love the non retina macbook pro look but the low resolution, the ssd fault and the 4gb ram its something i want avoid. But theres the macbook air, with the new haswell cpu, the 8GB ram and the astonish flash storage. But i dont like that much the MBA look, the screen isn't that beautiful even with 1440 resolution. And something that scares me is the "unupgradble" of MBA. I think if in future some component screw up, i can't fix it. If i bought the MBP i can fix RAM or Storage...

Something that would help me decide, this week i bought the new time capsule, with new wifi ac, witch would work rly nice with the MBA.

Can't rly decide by me...help me guys, some of u hv MBA, u think its long term ultrabook? can i keep it for 4/5 years?

Ty guys,
Regards

AP

I think you've already made your decision when you stated that you weren't impressed with the look, the resolution, and the fact that the MBA isn't really user-upgradeable or repairable. If it's just the uneasiness with making an actual decision to buy it, then that's something people here most likely won't be able to help with.

Check out Apple's refurbished section of the store and you'll most likely find something that you like and within your budget. Good luck!

APedro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
I think you've already made your decision when you stated that you weren't impressed with the look, the resolution, and the fact that the MBA isn't really user-upgradeable or repairable. If it's just the uneasiness with making an actual decision to buy it, then that's something people here most likely won't be able to help with.

Check out Apple's refurbished section of the store and you'll most likely find something that you like and within your budget. Good luck!

Unfortunatly we don't hv refurbished mac's here in Portugal. I will try to hold the buy untill the new macbook pro release. Or maybe w8 for some discount on the actual macbook pro lineup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.