Help me open a file sent by email

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by suedollz, Feb 8, 2015.

1. suedollz macrumors newbie

Help! I play Nancy Drew games on my MAC. I have a DVD ROM that I loaded and it's saved under my applications. I open the game by going to applications and clicking on the game THE SILENT SPY. The game glitched, so the tech people sent me a new file so I won't have to start the game over. They emailed me a attachment from hotmail they are calling a HUDESAVE file. My only options are to download it, save it to onedrive, or if i click on it I can save the image, copy the image, etc. They are telling me not to download it but to move it to the file that my game is on under my computer. I can't do it to save my life. I have tried every human way possible I can think of to move this attachment they sent me off that email and move it to the game on my applications. I cannot do it and they cannot explain how. Where ever I open it all it does is look like a copy of the email they sent me. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to get this game file off the email they sent me and how to get it in the saved game application on my MAC? They claim if i do this when I open the game it will be there as a new game and get me "unstuck" Thanks!

2. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Save the email file to your downloads folder. Then use finder to move the file from Downloads to the appropriate folder for the application. I am surprised that their tech support is using hotmail for email. I am automatically suspicious of files coming from free email services.