Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DuFFy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2007
Phila
Hey, So I need to do a project by the end of the term for school. for a number of reason I need it to be done in maya 2009 instead of maya 2008 or 2010. I dont have it at home and would really like to not have to spend all of the all nighters that are coming my way at school doing this work. Autodesk only has the newest version trial on their site. I was hoping someone knew wear to find a trial version of the program somewhere. I've looked around for hours now. I only need it for the next month so 30 days is all it would take. if anyone has a copy or can point me to a place that would be great. THanks so much

oh and obviously a mac trial version, just in case you couldnt guess :p

eightyk

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2009
you can fake it just the the version u were working in. youll have to right click and edit the details i forget how exctly its done but its quite easy because this project does not make any sense.

DuFFy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2007
Phila
it is stupid, but its whatever

i dont wanna really risk half my grade by faking it

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006
Something is fishy. If a part of a grade is dependent on what version of a software program you use, then the school is required to provided access to the software. They either have to give it to you free (or as part of your tuition), or they have have to require you to buy such and such version when you sign up for the class. It should be in the syllabus. It's hard to believe that a professor could require a software version and expect you to do an assignment with that version. They have to be flexible to what the student has or can afford. Finally, what kind of assignment/project would require a specific version of software? Makes no sense to me.

DuFFy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2007
Phila
Wow. i think people are reading into this too much. they do provide it to us, on the computers on campus, but i didnt want to spend every waking moment down at school. i wanted to be able to work on it at home. anyway, doesnt matter. I found it, on autodesk's site courtesy of the education program they have. who woulda thought.... :rolleyes:

it has nothing to do with requirements. its just what we have at school, so if i work on it there. the file wont open right in 2008, and if i use the 2010 trial at home i could have the same issue with my files going to 2009. i didnt want to play with chance in jumping around different versions of the software and corrupting my file leaving me with no work, costing me my a decent grade cuz this project is what mostly determines my grade in the class

anyway, thanks i guess...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.