Help me out with a lost window? Purdy please?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Meyvn, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Meyvn macrumors 6502

So I'm using Nikon Scan 4, somewhat obscure program for a film scanner. Anyway, the window I actually need to do the scanning itself is off screen. It shows up in Expose, but it will NOT come to front. When I go to the Window menu up top, the only two options available are bring to front and Actual Size, and they're greyed out. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling and updating the software, and nothing has fixed this. Anyone got any other ideas? Maybe a third party app to force it to center? Thanks in advance.

2. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

It sounds like there may be a preference file that records the window's size and location that is not getting deleted when you uninstall the program. You are going to have to delete it manually if this is the case.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

im sure your scanner will work with image capture, which is built into osx. great app as i hate scanning software with a passion

just a thought if you dont get it working

try uapp for uninstalling the software

4. Meyvn thread starter macrumors 6502

Any idea what one of those files might look like? Extension or anything?

No, it doesn't work with Image Capture. It's a film scanner, not a regular one, and as such there are really only two programs I can use, and one of those costs money I don't have.