Help me pick an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by azpirin, Sep 23, 2014.

1. azpirin macrumors newbie

I am currently using iphone 4s and have been long overdue for an upgrade with Verizon. I have many questions concerning trade-in, picking the right iphone, color, applecare etc. To take an advantage of Verizon's trade-in program, I guess I must buy an iphone before the end of September from Verizon. I have read many threads that people bought it at Apple store and were able to get an instant trade-in at local Verizon store. But I don't want to take a chance. To make it short, I will list my questions.

1. iphone 6 or iphone 6+
    2. Capacity - Considering 64gb.
    3. What color? Silver, Gold, Space gray. (Verizon online has stocks for Gold. Backorder for siler and black 10/17 est)
    4. Can I still get an applecare from Apple even I purchase from Verizon? How much is applecare and would you recommend that I get it?

Looking forward to your kind response to help me decide which one to get. Thanks. :D

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Not really sure on your usage scenarios, so I've used a random number generator to make your life easier. Drumroll please, you should buy...:

iPhone 6 Plus
    64GB
    Gold

:p

In answer to number 4, I believe that to be yes but not 100%.

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Yes you can get it. It is $100.

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

5. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I know it can be a tough decision, but ultimately you really have to decide for yourself.

Coming from the 5s, I debated between the 6 and 6 Plus for a while, but I went with the 6 and I'm glad I did. It definitely feels like a big upgrade in regards to screen size and design (actually bigger than I thought it would be), so there's no doubt that coming from a 4S, the 6 alone will be a big upgrade for you. I played with a 6 Plus at an AT&T store, and it was way too big for a phone for me. I feel like the 6 is the perfect size.

64GB is probably the best bang for the buck.

I personally am not a fan of the gold on the 6 and 6 Plus, but I had a hard time choosing between space gray and silver. I ended up going with space gray because I had a white/gold 5S and I missed the black front on my previous iPhones. Don't just pick the color they have in stock, because you'll end up regretting it. You can live an extra couple of weeks if the color you really want is on backorder.

Also, you should still be able to buy Applecare from Apple even if you buy the phone through Verizon.

6. azpirin thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess gold or siler really do not matter if I plan to put a case protection. Somehow, I think Gold seems tacky, but others may think differently.

7. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

I still can't flipping decide which one I want. I mostly use my iPhone 5 one handed. But the screen is so nice on the 5.5 and you see so much more. I can't decide what I want to give up, screen real estate or comfort in usability. I think the iPhone 6 screen is too small, but it does have great one handed usability. At this point, I almost just want someone else to decide for me with a no returns policy. FWP's for sure.

8. azpirin thread starter macrumors newbie

You are right. I have been geared toward iphone 6 instead 6+. Now the matter is how soon do I want it? I actually want to get Silver over Gold. However, it seems if I want it sooner, I would need to take Gold because Verizon online says it has stocks.

Silver or Gold? That is the question for me.

9. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

Let me decide for you - iphone 6. Your second sentence tells me everything I need to know. I am the same way and I got a 6 plus on launch day. Returned it Sunday and got the regular 6.

10. arliu macrumors regular

11. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

12. azpirin thread starter macrumors newbie

How do you guys feel about Silver or Gold? :rolleyes: Should I wait for Silver or get the Gold now? Why didn't apple just come up with Black or White?

13. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

But then I keep thinking, once I get a bigger phone I'll get used to the bigger size and the fact that I'll have to two hand it more. Ahhh!

14. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

I told myself the same thing but you can see how long that lasted! Technology should make everything easier, not require you to change your workflow. You should go to the Apple Store to see both. In the end I didn't want to change my usage habits so I got a 6 and I have no regrets. I will admit though, that was the most heart breaking return I've ever made! The plus is a great product but it wasn't for me.

15. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Have you held and used either phone?

I wouldn't take a single person's advice here (or anywhere) over using the phone myself. Pretty much everywhere I have seen that sells the phones has a model of each to play with. There are some stores that haven; ever gotten a sellable 6+ unit that have a display model.

16. kovey macrumors 6502a

Do you have trouble getting dressed in the morning? How about you judge for yourself instead of asking e-strangers? Print out the cutout samples and tape them to cardboard.

17. insane08 macrumors member

You can’t go wrong with either device ( I personally have the 6) but I URGE YOU to get the 64 or 128 GB. Don’t even bother getting the 16gb you will regret it later.

18. MS2083 macrumors regular

You should decide whether you want:

A) An iPhone 6 Flex (Plus), which is easily bendable
    OR
    B) A Regular iPhone 6

19. azpirin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all!!

I have already placed an order for iphone 6 gold with Verizon. I wanted Silver but it is backorder. So I picked overnight delivery for additional cost and expecting it tomorrow.

Cheers :cool:

20. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

I think I'm actually going to listen to you. I really want the larger screen; I said all along during the rumor period that I wish they were making a 5" phone. That would be perfect. Thanks for the insight!