Help Me Pick Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ohsnaphappy, Jun 11, 2017.

1. ohsnaphappy macrumors regular

ohsnaphappy

To summarize I want to eliminate ambient sound as much as possible from the wind and from my gym, and the PowerBeats 3 failed at both, will the Beats X be better?

For work I use the Bose QC25, they sound amazing and the noise cancellation keeps me focused. But unfortunately you can't run in them

For running I use the Motorolla S305. They're garbage, but I've never cared until...

I joined a gym that BLASTS awful music. The S305 can't go loud enough to block the gym music

So I bought Powerbeats3. Lots I love, but the wind noise when running outside is horrendous. My S305's are over ear, so there's no wind noise. That's my real problem I've never heard the wind while running And with the Powerbeats 3, yikes, wind

I'm wondering if the BeatsX would do the trick since they have outstanding passive noise cancellation? They aren't sweat proof, but neither are my ancient S305's.

But I'm also wondering if wind noise will just be a reality unless I buy over ear headphones.

For that reason I'm interested in the Hellas by Urban Ears, but the black ones are impossible to find. Thoughts?

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

At work,I sometimes use Bose headphones,but for noise reduction,there are several versions of ear protectors with built in headphones,you can find those in shops that sell hunting gear,or hardware stores for proffessionals like timber jacks or carpenters.

3. ohsnaphappy thread starter macrumors regular

ohsnaphappy

Just in case someone finds this thread, omg, the noise cancellation on the BeatsX = amazing. It's almost as good active noise cancellation. You'll be seriously impressed. And running is wonderful with the BeatsX. One of my all time favorite products.