Help me pick my free games :p

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Nov 4, 2008.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I need some help. I got selected to do some more focus test work with EA this Saturday and for my time I get 2 EA games of my choice.

I am thinking of asking for (I was told to ask for top 3)

Rock Band 2
    C&C Red Alert 3
    ????

Last time Dead Space was my #3 choice and I got it so I am guessing they were either a) out of RB2/C&C or b) they wanted to pimp Dead Space.

I'm not into sports game all that much, like I will play them with friends but find the whole ordeal a little repetitive, which sucks because it's at EA Vancouver (which is the EA Sports building) so they are the easiest to get.

I don't really want Spore or Mass Effect PC and I have heard Mercs 2 wasn't all that amazing (the demo was meh) so I don't really know what else EA to ask for. Mirror's Edge would be #1, 2 and 3 but it ain't out till next week so argh.

(I feel like a spoiled rich brat whining about what free stuff I want mommy to buy me....)

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Rockband 2 since you can't get Mirror's Edge......and how can I get in on this love?

I'll make a paper cut out of myself and mail to you SK and you can take it with you and get me in all the free loving.:D

Bless

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Rock Band 2, unless you're getting C&C for the PC.

Dam you, I have to reach into my bank account for love. :eek: Last free game I got was Diablo, or it was Dragon Dice, I can't recall now.

4. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Nice, how'd you manage this? Anyway, I would attempt to ask for Mirror's Edge (why not try). Would they give you the whole RB2 kit? With the instruments?

I don't know. Your current choices seem fine. I'd still try to ask for Mirror's Edge.

5. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

And I just got invited to ANOTHER one on Sunday (so Skate 2 on Saturday and Godfather 2 on Sunday) for a total of 3 or 4 free games :p (not 100% sure if Godfather 'pays' one or two).

I might ask for Mirror's Edge, feigning ignorance that it came out THIS week as opposed to NEXT week. What the hell. I want it... bad.

I think I made a really good impression with the dude who ran the last one I went to (which was NFS: Undercover vs Midnight Club LA) as I stayed after and chatted with him about the industry and direction EA is taking, etc. Turns out the dude was the executive producer on Dead Space, NFS, Skate, and a few others. So anyway, he said he would keep me in mind for future stuff and so far it looks like he has since I am now 3 for 3.

6. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Skate 2?! Sweet! Sounds like fun. Anyway, try for Mirror's Edge. The game only comes out a few days after the thing. They could even mail it to you on Tuesday!

7. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Figured I might as well update :p

I asked for

1) Mirror's Edge (PS3)
    2) Rock Band 2 disc (360)
    3) Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 (PC)
    4) Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3 or 360)
    5) Mass Effect (PC version as I already own the 360 version)

I figured I might as well ask for Mirror's Edge like Spike said and hope for the best. It's one of the 4 last games I need for the year.

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

9. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

^

I rather liked it. But yeah... it was a bit ostentatious.

10. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

11. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

well I only got 2 games... one of the sessions (skate 2) got cut short since the QA guys ****ed up and it was a buggy mess. I got Red Alert 3 and Battlefield: Bad Company. Still, I had fun and getting $110 in games for 7 hours work ain't bad.

Godfather 2 was pretty fun. I would buy it. Same with Skate 2. I better not say anything since the lengthy NDA we all had to sign looked like it meant business :p

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Speaking of NDA, are you even allowed to discuss that you've played the games? From the few game testings I've done we weren't even allowed to mention (esp. online) that we had early access to the games unless you had press-level access.

13. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I don't see why not. They state "Skate 2" and "Godfather 2" openly when you apply to do the testing. Some games say "unannounced" or something to that effect and those I imagine they will police a bit more. The producer told me they were tight about Dead Space since it was a new IP so they have to be really careful about what gets out, but with sequels it's already fairly open as to what the game is and how it will be received.