Help me pick out a guitar!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Heilage, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Okay, so I can afford one "proper" guitar this year. I just can't decide which one.

It's either a PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow or a Gibson Les Paul Studio Silverburst. I love both of them. I know they both work well with my style of playing (rock and metal, but also lighter stuff). I just need to pick one.

So, go to the poll, check out the guitars and help a brother out. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG51QTRmSHdsVUFxSC13RVdCS0NmNnc6MQ#gid=0

(This should be a fun experiment)

2. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

I thought you said a proper guitar? Where are the superstrats? Where's the whammy bar?

Of those two, I'd go PRS because the 25inch scale would intone better than the Gibson. I think the Gibson is prettier though.

3. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I think they both are great guitars; PRS has a good reputation. I'd personally take the Gibson just because I've played them and they're super nice to noodle on, and you can get some nice crunchy sounds out of them. They sound warm.

The semi hollow body might have different acoustics though, if you're just playing around in your apartment. I don't have much experience with these but it does affect the tone.

I'd say the Gibson. Or, for that money, a nice Strat with the HHS layout. Unfortunately, $2k isn't enough to buy my dream guitar, the Ibanez JEM7.