Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wich looks best, sample 1 or sample 2?

• Sample 1

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Sample 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

malofx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
So I'm getting this printed at Costco on a canvas 16x32 - and would like you guys to help me pick the right size, I like Sample 1 because it shows my shadow (that's me). On Sample 2 the image has been zoomed in a little.

Also maybe on Sample 1 I can cut off some of the sky, extend the image from the top left.

sample1.JPG

Sample 1

sample2.jpg

Sample 2

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated it.

NukeIT

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
I like sample 1.

It's a bueatiful shot and you don't need to blow it up to see detail of the people, pulling out leaves it alittle anonymous but you will always know who is in it.

Are you gallery wrapping or just regular?? Has it already been cropped or is this the whole imagine??

I ask because I may move the image up just a smidge, so that your shawdow isn't so close to the edge. But wouldn't move it much since you don't want your skyline/horizon too much higher.

malofx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Thank you very much.. I do like sample 1 better.

I do have the original picture, so I can make changes...

original.JPG

I can even change the colors :)

Parkin Pig

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire-by-Gum
Definitely the first one - the shadow is completely connected to your feet, so it looks wrong to have it cut off. The shadow also forms a leading line into the picture.

themumu

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2011
Sunnyvale
I think chopping off tips of people's feet, hands, heads and so on is a big no-no in general. It just looks very awkward when just a little bit is missing. If you have to amputate, cut above the knee! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.