Help me please!!! 3:50 am here

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lmcg53197, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Lmcg53197 macrumors newbie

I had iPhone iOS 4.1 with Green Poison Jailbreak
    I own an iPhone 4
    I wanted to upgrade iOS 4.2.1 because of printing needs
    I upgrade to iTunes 10.1
    I clicked update
    Downloaded the iOS on itunes
    I updated
    NOW PROBLEM IS NOW IT IS STUCK ON "PLUG INTO ITUNES SCREEN"
    IVE TRIED THE WHOLE HOLD FOR 10, 20, 25 home&power buttons then the home button for 2, 10, 20 or WHAT EVER
    NOTHINGS WORKING!

REINSTALLED ITUNES

DONE THIS LIKE 8 TIMES

I have some iOS SHSH blobs if that helps already, I get a consistant popup alert on itunes saying you must restore and crap, but I ALREADY DID

QuickPWN 2.2 does not work

I don't realy have another computer!

SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!! WHAT TO DO!

2. ComputersaysNo macrumors 6502

ComputersaysNo

3. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

If all else fails let the battery fully drain and it'll purge data.

There SHOULD be a way to recover back to the ORIGINAL Firmware & start ALL over - but you'll loose data if it wasn't previously sync'd.

Sorry to hear your situation but THIS is the reason I've NEVER jailbroken nor condone it. Now you also know why Apple doesn't like this either - you walk into store crying for help which is embarrasing to you & staff cause in all likelyhood they really DO want to help you but bound not to.

4. Lmcg53197 thread starter macrumors newbie

-

Different USB didn't work, I probably wont jailbreak anymore but anyone got anything else? This is just a rigorous cycle

I will wait for battery to drain though:(

5. Synthezoid macrumors newbie

This problem has nothing to do his phone being jailbroken at all. If jailbreaking caused it you'd be hearing about it all over the jailbreak community, and by tomorrow morning there'd be an app to fix it.

I do agree with you in a way: neither you, nor the original poster, understands anything about jailbreaking, therefore I think neither of you should do it. I NEVER condone users jailbreaking if they don't understand how their phone works and how jailbreaking works. It's a tool, like anything else, You have to know what you're doing. If you aren't informed, definitely, stick with only doing what Steve Jobs tells you you can do with your hardware.

Jailbreak users don't "walk into the store crying". They get do what knowledgeable users of any complex tool do: they troubleshoot; then they get online and talk to other knowledgeable users.

BTW you're obviously free to NEVER jailbreak, and I think it's a good idea that you don't, at least until you know a little more about it; but I don't think knowledgable jailbreak users are going to care whether you condone what they do or not.

The reason Apple doesn't like jailbreaking is not because jailbreak users are walking into stores crying and embarrassing their techs. is because their philosophy is that technology shouldn't be a powerful and flexible tool that requires knowledge to use but can accomplish great things, it should be like television - something mildly neat and stimulating, that even your grandmother can use. They make a lot more money that way.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You probably would've had better luck updating if you had done it as a clean install instead of an update. Oh well.
    Uninstall itunes and reinstall the latest itunes. Restart your computer. Leave your phone alone for a few hours and make sure your phone is fully charged. Put your phone into DFU mode, then connect to restore as new. If your screen isn't black, then you aren't in DFU. Restore as a new phone and then install the new OS.
    Let us know how it goes.

7. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

This has nothing to do with jailbreaking and it just sounds like you are on the activation screen. Are you on an official carrier? Or do you jailbreak so you can unlock?

Does the update finish successfully?

Do you have the emergency call slider at the bottom?

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you had an iphone4 and you needed an unlock, you screwed up big time when you upgraded to 4.2.1. There isn't even an unlock for 4.1.
    You can't downgrade your baseband. SHSH doesn't help with that.