Help me please ! Am begging you !!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kiwii, Feb 25, 2011.

1. kiwii macrumors newbie

my ipod was acting a bit slow, so i decided i was going to reset my ipod. when i reset it a screen came up and said it would take about an hour to reset. i clicked the yes button and it started reseting. 2 hrs later i came back and it was still on the apple logo screen. i took it off charge and let it die, thinking that this would solve the problem, i put it back on charge and it showed the battery sign. it started charging and then went back to the apple logo screen. it will stay on the logo screen for a long time, flash a white screen, and then go right back to the logo screen. i have tried turning it off pushing the home button leaving it on charge for a long time and even taking it off charge for a long time. i don't know what the problem is, can you tell me what it is and if i can fix it myself or if i am going to have to send it away to have it fixed....or just get a new one. thank you so much ! - Miss Harwood :)

2. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

If you are within driving/travelling distance of an Apple store, take it there, they will be able to fix it for you easily.

Can you explain in more detail what happens when you connect it to iTunes. You press restore and just nothing happens?

What you may be able to do is Download the ipsw (ipod software) and force it to restore.

What model iPod do you have? and when was the last time it was updated?
    If you let me know then I can point you in the direction of the download.

Then go onto iTunes and Shift click restore (Command click restore on a mac) then select the ipsw that you have downloaded and this will restore it.

Just ask if you want to know anything else

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Was your iPod jailbroken? If it was you'll have to put it into DFU mode (Google it) then restore it in iTunes. Its the only way to get it working again.

4. Evel1337 macrumors newbie

Try a hard reset first. Hold the home button and the reset button together until the apple logo reappears.

If the issue persists then you'll have to take it into the apple store so they can run diagnostics. Inform them of the issue and the fact you have performed a hard reset and a restore from itunes.

Check your warranty status at https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do.
    Your Serial # is on the bottom of the rear housing.

5. kiwii thread starter macrumors newbie

itunes for some reason will not download to my computer. i have tired creating an administrator account and download it that way, it keeps saying that ''windows installer does not have access to this file.'' any suggestions

6. transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

First off make sure you are indeed an administrator on your computer. Go to the control panel and look at user accounts and confirm your are indeed the administrator.

I am not sure is this will help but you may have a corrupt installer package go here to install the latest one from MS
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6f-60b6-4412-95b9-54d056d6f9f4&displaylang=en

This is a little cutie that comes up in Windows every once an awhile. When I get this error consistently I reload the whole operating system. The way I have my computer configured I have an 80 gig boot drive that only has the OS on it. So when I load a fresh install it does not effect anything else. I am starting to get tired of playing with my PC's, which I have always assembled myself, and I think I am going to return to where it all started in the late 1970's Apple.

7. neim81094 macrumors newbie

Ok here is a easy fix without dfu mode or all that ok? If your ipod is dead or fully shut off NOT looping thru the boot logo hold the home button of your ipod while doing tht connect the ipod to the computer WHILE still holding the home button, the ipod should change from the apple to a message that says connect to iTunes. You could restore from their keep in mind you can't recover your data unless you made a backup from iTunes

8. transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

Thanks I will put this note in the "D" base for future use if I need it. :)

Ken

9. neim81094 macrumors newbie

Idk what a "D" base is but ok! Lol u mean database?