help me please cant unlock phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rimmer1984, May 24, 2011.

1. Rimmer1984 macrumors newbie

about 3 months ago i droped my phone and it cracked, i put up with the crack but last week i dropped it again and it shattered.. i bought a new piece of glass and while replacing it i bent the LCD.. the lcd came today but the bottom 1cm of the screen is unresponcive.. my code is 1201 so i cannot press the 0.... does any1 know how i can either make the rest of the screen respond or bypass the startup code??

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Plug into iTunes and restore as new. Sync and use it as is. Or replace the screen. Or let Apple replace it for $200. Or buy a new phone.... :)

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

And this is why we can't have nice things....

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, the more you drop it the more issues you will have:)

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Almost sounds like your digitzer is faulty. You also have to be very careful with LCD screens when handling them.

You can get complete assemblies on eBay for around 50 bones, they're pre-assembled and key word "complete" so there's no need to mess with glass and glue and delicate parts. Just plug and go.

7. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

8. Rimmer1984 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry about putting it in the wrong forum.. brand new here sorry.

i got past the code.. i opened the phone whilst still powered on and held down the little chips 1 2 and 3 and was able to insert code.. i have an unresponsive row on the phone now, it seems to respond a little better when those chips are pressed down but still not very well.. does anyone know what that is?