Help Me Please I Need Advice Badly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ihatepeople1, Nov 20, 2007.

1. ihatepeople1 macrumors newbie

Okay, I just got my iPod Touch about 3 weeks ago, you know still learning everything, and today at school someone stole it!! What do I do...I called Apple and they can't do anything about it! I really hate people...why do you have to steal stuff go buy your own. I mean...wow!! People are really suckish...I just don't know what to do I'm devistated that this happened...in a way i dont care because since my mom paid for it on her credit card, the credit card company said they will give me the $300 dollars back for a new one so all I'll have to do is buya case and pay for tax. But on the other hand I already have a suspect in my school who most likley stole it...Well my parents are going to the principal office tommoro and they're are going to talk with the girl...I just can't believe people...that thing was the best i loved it....it was like my life...besides family and friends....but i just really people are such theives i cant believe they would sink that low to steal my iPod touch...when I get my new one I am never bringing it to school again...and though I'll be getting my new one in about 3 weeks when the money comes in...I'm set to find my other one and i'm going to do whatever it takes. i dont care how long or how hard it is to find it i'm gunna find it and when i find the person....ohh you don't wanna know i'm gunna kick the crap out of them....please give me advice if you know how to track it or anyhting like that...this iPod means the world to me....REPLY PLEASE!!!!!!I'm really sad...:(

2. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Sorry for your loss, but I dont think there is a decent way to track it.
    If you know the serial number, you can possibly get your school administration to check the touch the girl has, (If you dont know the serial you can check your box) and use that serial number to distinguish it as your own. Other than that, I dont think there are any other viable means of locating it.

But I could be wrong, and most likely am, so if anybody knows of any other way, feel free to correct me.

3. Crash-n-Burn macrumors regular

Sorry to hear that, and yes people do suck.

The word from apple according to their fourm is that they do not help in any way to track stolen products.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5594686

The only way you would be able to find it is as xXriderXx7 said by comparing serial numbers.

On the brighter side it's better then having your car stolen!

I understand you are upset as I have had things stolen from me. Taking action without school or police intervention is not a good idea in anyway. It makes you look worse then the person who stole your Ipod. In the end it's only an Ipod which is replaceable, but getting in trouble with school or the law is not.

Good luck trying to find your Ipod, please don't do anything you will regret later on.

4. Nexxus macrumors member

I know this won't prevent your next one from being stolen, but I would order the next one from Apple and have your name engraved on both available lines. This way if someone does steal it they would have to deface the newly engraved ipod to get your name off of it and would be a dead give-away that the product was stolen if you should have to track the next one down.

How was the first one stolen?

5. criticalmiracle macrumors newbie

criticalmiracle

Why would you be surprised that a $300 piece of electronics was stolen at school? When my son took his ipod shuffle to school and got it lifted, he had no sympathy from his mother and I.

I hope you find more important things in your life than material possessions.