Help me please =( Ipod trouble

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jessica Michal, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Jessica Michal macrumors newbie

So I have had my ipod touch 8gb for about 9 months now. The screen broke about 3 months ago and I FINALLY got the screen replaced today. However. I turn it on and it seems to me as if the volume button and the power button are stuck or something. =( I had it fixed and if it were the problem wouldn't the people from the apple store that fixed the screen fix the other problem too? I turned it back on to find no music or videos. My pics are still there. I cant enter any of the downloaded apps. =/ I don't have any idea what to do. I understand that there was a bug going aroung or something to where it sometimes makes you lose music and vids but I just don't know. The ipod will randomly get louder and randomly ask me to turn it off. And when I push the circle button it randomly takes a picture. Someone please help me. Please?

2. Obiemi macrumors newbie

Did you try a restore?

Each time you sync your iTouch, it should create a back-up, so a full restore should put all your data back. Good luck.

3. transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

I would do a hard reset. ( hold the sleep/wake button on top at the same time as the home button on the bottom front hold down until your Touch shuts down this will reset it to the factory settings. ) afterwards as has been said above sync it up from your back up. If you have a issues with the buttons I would think Apple should make good on it. This is the kind of problem you will run into with a device that is not really designed to be repaired. This is not an indictment of Apple this is just the way consumer electronics are built these days.:(