HELP me please! MacBook Pro mid 2010 water damaged!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kadinluong, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Kadinluong macrumors newbie

Hi, sorry if there's already a thread for this but i need help! i spilled water on my MBP mid 2010 about two weeks ago and i took it apart and dried everything. Now, when i plugged the charger in, the light lit up and also the baterry indicator but when i press the power button to turn it on, nothing happen. and also, did apple install LCIs on the mid 2010 MBP because on the apple website it said they LCIs are only in MBP 15inch late 2008.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

You're probably hosed.

And yeah, LCIs are in all starting with the late 2008 models.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There isn't a thread on this. There's probably over a hundred threads on this.

Spilled Liquid On My Mac or Keyboard

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I am not sure what you are asking for. There isn't anyone who can really help you except your money and apple. If you are hoping that apple will fix it for free, then I guess I can help you. No, they won't.

Few weeks ago, the person who just bought MBA late 2010 did the exact same thing on her laptop. She spilled water on her keyboard. Apple asked for like 800 and that doesn't even include the labor costs. Luckily, she was under 90 days and AMEX paid for her fixes.

Your MBP is gone. It's not a water proof and you just lost warranty.