Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaylaboo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
my ipod seems to be frozen....its on the screen that it would be if it were to start to play a song...but nothing is happening!! it's actually my brothers and he'll kill me if i broke it...help me please

kaylaboo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
frozen ipod

please help me, the screen is frozen and nothing i press helps....is there a way to fix this???? please help me

[Note from moderator: Your two threads have been merged. Please post only one thread on a given topic. Thank you.]

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
kaylaboo said:
my ipod seems to be frozen....its on the screen that it would be if it were to start to play a song...but nothing is happening!! it's actually my brothers and he'll kill me if i broke it...help me please

Kayla, if his iPod has a click wheel, then plug it into the wall charger, toggle the hold switch (on the top by the headphone jack) off, then on, then back off again, and then press and hold the select button (the center of the clickwheel) and the menu portion of the clickwheel, for about ten seconds. The iPod should reset.

If you don't have a clickwheel, but another generation of iPod, see instructions here:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Hold down the Menu and Select buttons for about 5 seconds, and it should reset itself. If that doesn't help, plug it into your computer and see if it does anything then. If that still doesn't help, let the battery drain over night, then plug it into your computer. If that doesn't help, call Apple :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.